- Hello! I'm Ashlee - a writer, photographer, and mom of two boys. This is where I blog about marriage, motherhood, friendship, and faith. Welcome!
- you just had a baby.
- is it worth it?
- how to support the bloggers you love.
- what i’ve learned after a decade of loving him.
- on marriage, parenting, and feeling invisible.
- living room therapy.
- a year of date nights.
- dear aspiring writer.
- the not-so-terrible twos.
- didi and the milky way tradition.
- friendships worth fighting for.
- the fine line.
- our love story.
- the night before you were born.
- when you stop keeping score.
- the story behind our new ikea dresser.
- an ode to our first little house.
- my journey from extrovert to introvert.
- girl crush.
- the messier the house, the better the friendship.
Tag Archives: marriage
For Brett. We are driving the same drive we have driven hundreds of times, 90+ miles from here to there, mostly freeway, always stop and go traffic through the city of Davis. It is gloomy and cloudy and the … Continue reading
Messy buns and sunscreen every day; dresses and date night makeup every night. Tacos. All the tacos. Chips and salsa galore. Room service every morning: coffee and eggs and french toast and bacon and more coffee. We read books. We ignored … Continue reading
Brett and I have officially been together for ten years. !!! To write about this decade seems trite, because I know I cannot do justice with words what my heart would say about all the things I’ve learned, all the … Continue reading
“If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” – Bern Williams Two weeks ago, Brett and I set out on our June date: a gourmet picnic at Soil Born Farms. I took Everett to Whole … Continue reading
Ahhhh, Valentine’s Day. Our church has graciously offered childcare tonight so we’re heading to Chipotle sans toddler. Nothing says romance like side-by-side burrito bowls, amiright? (To be fair, we have fancy dinner reservations tomorrow night. I’m going to shave my … Continue reading