Clockwise from top:
1. The Eclipse by Cotton Rainbow. How genius is this? A car seat and stroller blanket that won’t blow away, thanks to (removable) weighted corners. It’s made from 100% breathable cotton, and features a cute peek-a-boo window that you can leave open or closed. Perfect for sunny outings this summer! Fun fact: the two girls who created this graduated from my alma mater, UC Davis. Go Aggies! Use promo code ASHLEEHEART for 10% off (expires July 1st and they’re low on grey so get em while they’re hot!).
2. Aden + Anais Wearable Blanket. We are constantly trying to figure out if Carson is too hot or too cold when he’s sleeping. In the winter, we used the Halo sleepsack and I never thought twice about it, but now the weather is a bit fickle. Our house is usually roasting in the late afternoon, but completely cools down in the middle of the night. Carson goes to bed at 6:30pm and our house is pretty warm around that time. These wearable blankets are made from 100% cotton muslim and they are super breathable, so he doesn’t get too hot when we put him down. Plus, let’s be honest, they’re cute.
3. Fisher Price Booster Seat. Here are my thoughts on high chairs: I hate high chairs. They are big and obnoxious and take up tons of space. I love booster seats because you just plop them on a chair and you’re done. We bought this exact same booster seat for Everett when he was six months old. He is now THREE and he still sits in it for every meal. You guys. It’s $25. Come on. The best part? When you’re having company over, you can just take it off the chair and stuff it in the closet if you need the extra space! We’ve done that a few times when hosting parties, etc, and I love how small and compact these seats are. Traveling with your family? Throw it in the car! Boom. Highly, highly recommend.
4. Green Toys My First Stacker. Carson is still learning how to sit up, and nothing keeps his perfectly postured attention like these stacking cups. I put a blanket on the floor, sandwich Carson in a boppy pillow, and put these right in front of him. He’s good for 20-30 minutes, which is like an hour in mom-land.
5. Zoli Baby Buzz Electric Nail Trimmer. File this one under Things I Wish I Had With My First Baby. Cutting your baby’s fingernails is an arduous, miserable, infuriating process. I love to procrastinate this chore as long as humanly possible, pretending to ignore the fact that my kid has actual talons, until he eventually swipes my cheek and turns me into Scarface. You, too? Fret no more. This electric nail trimmer is super easy to use, safe for baby, and it’s even fun for big brothers to watch. True story: we made a whole afternoon out of trimming Carson’s nails last week. This is my life now folks, mom of two right here just trying to survive the afternoons. I like to pull out all the stops.
6. Hudson-Mint Teething Necklace. My friend Rachel started Chewable Charm last year and the business has blown up. I am so proud of her! I have three of these teething necklaces and just started wearing them last week, much to Carson’s excitement. He doesn’t have any teeth yet but he loves to chew/bite/grab the beads. (p.s. I also have this teething necklace and love it!)
7. Zoli Gummy Sticks. YOU GUYS. If you have been searching for the perfect teething toy, you need not look any further. These gum massagers are EVERYTHING. Two for $10! You cannot beat that price! Carson is holding one of these in his hands at all times. They are fan-freaking-tastic. Tell your friends.
Any baby products making your life easier these days? Do tell.