- Hello! I'm Ashlee - a writer, photographer, and soon-to-be mom of two. This is where I blog about marriage, motherhood, friendship, and faith. Welcome!
- how to support the bloggers you love.
- what i’ve learned after a decade of loving him.
- on marriage, parenting, and feeling invisible.
- living room therapy.
- a year of date nights.
- dear aspiring writer.
- the not-so-terrible twos.
- didi and the milky way tradition.
- friendships worth fighting for.
- the fine line.
- our love story.
- the night before you were born.
- when you stop keeping score.
- the story behind our new ikea dresser.
- an ode to our first little house.
- my journey from extrovert to introvert.
- girl crush.
- the messier the house, the better the friendship.
Author Archives: Ashlee
The last time I blogged, I wrote all about my plans for a scheduled c-section. Eight days later, I went into labor on my own and delivered Carson Eugene Gadd via unmedicated VBAC. The irony of that is not lost … Continue reading
Dearest blog readers, I feel obligated to tell you that I have decided to have another c-section. Say whaaaaaaaat? It’s true. In case you’re relatively new to this blog, here’s the short version of my first birth: I found out at … Continue reading
“Self-care” has been a bit of a buzz phrase in 2014. I remember rolling my eyes at a bunch of blog posts back in January talking about the importance of self-care and self-love and resolutions to “spend more time on me.” And then … Continue reading
“I tell him about the weight, the burden of representing something as beautiful and hard and messy and glorious as motherhood—this thing I believe in with all my heart, this thing I am dedicated to, this thing that feels like … Continue reading