winter capsule.

Capsule1

grey silk tank (Everlane) / DVF silk top (thredUP) / pale pink racerback
pink blouse (H&M) / moody floral top (Target) / grey sweater (H&M)
splendid striped tee (StitchFix) / black & white top (Nordstrom Rack) / gold shimmer sweater (thredUP)

Capsule2

white tunic (on sale!) / oversized cream sweater (Gap) / striped sweater (StitchFix)
navy bue A-line (Brass) / tribal sweater (StitchFix) / coral dress (Anthropologie)
geo blouse (Nordstrom) / asymmetrical sweater (Nordstrom Rack) / short sleeve sweatshirt (Everlane via thredUP)
hi-rise ripped jeans (Zara) / black skinnies (StitchFix) / hi-rise jeggings (American Eagle)

Shoes

Indra flat (Moorea Seal) / Franco Sarto flats (Nordstrom Rack) / gold flats (Target)
ankle boots (Target) / Ecuador sandal (Nisolo) / flat ankle boots (Nordstrom Rack)

***

With only two weeks to go until my spring capsule begins, what better time to finally blog the winter one? This is a half-hearted account of what I wore this winter. I think I might be missing a few pieces, but the truth is: I wore yoga pants most days. Winter is not my favorite.

In other news: I made it one whole year living on the capsule wardrobe! I started this system last spring, and at the risk of sounding both dramatic and like a broken record, it has truly transformed my relationship with my closet.

While I don’t have concrete numbers to testify, I hardly shopped in 2015. I saved a ton of money (and even more time!) by working with a limited number of clothes each season. One year later, I still stand by these five benefits, and can’t imagine ever going back to having 100 things in my closet.

Have you tried a capsule wardrobe? Would love to know how it’s working for you!

This entry was posted in get. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to winter capsule.

1. Kate says:

I wiiiiish those wonderful shoes would work for winter where I am! I am so, so tired of boots.
    Kate´s last blog post ..CLE Adventure #3: United We Brunched

2. Sarah says:

I live in the same climate so I’m not judging here, but I think it’s hilarious that this is your “winter” wardrobe. I’m sure there are people in other parts of the country who are cursing you right now. 🙂

I know, it’s terrible. I do have one puffy green jacket (not pictured) that I throw on when it’s REALLY cold. But our winter was pretty mild this year! (and every year, let’s be honest).

3. Bethany says:

Indeed. In New England, I’ll be wearing my winter wardrobe until mid-April…sweaters, more sweaters, wool socks, all the necessary outerwear, and knee-length rubber boots. I don’t know if stylish and snow-proof shoes exist.

4. Katie says:

I’ve been looking for black boots just like you have for years. I hate shopping for shoes because I know exactly what I want and I don’t pay money for shoes I don’t like. But those boots that you have look just like what I want. Are there any similar options that you know of? If not I will continue my search with your boots as my model! Also, I love your style!

Thanks, Katie! Gosh, those boots are SO OLD. I haven’t seen any similar options lately, but in California they stop selling boots in November and switch to flip flops, it’s ridiculous.

5. Brittany says:

Yes to every bit of this! I started my first capsule wardrobe the end of spring last year and it has made my life so much simpler. Pre-kids I had all the time and money to spend on clothes, but now not so much. Having items that I know work together and I am comfortable in is perfect. And less clutter? Thank you!
    Brittany´s last blog post ..Messy