five little things on a friday.

WMHR-1

1. I’m back on Coffee + Crumbs this week talking about marriage, co-parenting, and keeping our eyes on the prize. If you’ve ever fought with your spouse about whether or not your kid needs to wear socks to the park (true story!), this post is for you.

2. It is a really amazing and humbling thing to watch your blog post blow up on the internet. My last post went crazy on Huffington Post (177k likes! 27k shares! WHAT.) I am so grateful (and shocked). Thank you for reading, sharing, liking, commenting, etc. I was not expecting that in the slightest and it made for a really encouraging week for my little writer’s heart.

3. I am looking for someone to manage the Coffee + Crumbs instagram account! Is that you? Job entails: logging in twice a week to post our essays, and managing a series of “guest takeovers” behind the scenes. Gig pays in virtual hugs from the entire C+C team and everlasting gratitude from yours truly. If you’re interested, shoot me a quick e-mail with a link to your instagram account and a few sentences about yourself (ashlee.gadd @ gmail.com).

4. Brett and I are kicking off our Year of Dates 2.0 tonight! Have you ever heard of Studio Movie Grill? You can watch a movie WHILE ORDERING DINNER AND COCKTAILS (!!). Tell me I’m not the only person amazed by this. I’m talking chicken nachos. And gourmet popcorn. And burgers. And margaritas. And spiked milkshakes (SPIKED MILKSHAKES). I’ll take one of everything, thankyouverymuch.

5. “Most of us think about love as something that happens to us. We fall. We get crushed. But what I like about this study is how it assumes that love is an action.” – To Fall In Love With Anyone, Do This.

Happy Friday!

This entry was posted in be and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to five little things on a friday.

1. Christine says:

I went to coffee with my friend Jillian yesterday (who knows about you through me!) and she was saying how crazy it is to see her friends from home posting from coffee+crumbs or your posts on HuffPo–worlds colliding! And wouldn’t you know it, I went on Facebook and saw a friend from my Chico State lacrosse days share your recent coffee+crumbs post! You’re rocking it, lady!
    Christine´s last blog post ..Of the moment // 1.16.15

2. Ashley Smith says:

1. I’ve come to recognize your writing on C+C and I love it!
    2. Congratulations!!! It’s easy to see how God is blessing you, and that’s always exciting.
    3. I fail at IG so I won’t be tossing my hat into that ring. I’m sure you’ll have myriads of highly qualified people to choose from. Best of luck!
    4. Spiked milkshakes sound amaaaaazing. One that involves chocolate and peppermint for me, please and thank you!
    5. Interesting read. Even though I’m already in love it would still be fun to answer these questions with my husband.
    Happy weekend!

I had a mojito at the movies and decided a spiked milkshake might have been a little too much for this breastfeeding momma but NEXT TIME I am all over that. Thanks for your encouragement and support! (on my writing, not the milkshakes) 😉

3. Molly says:

Hi Ashlee – I was one of the people that shared your Huffington Post story. I LOVED IT! Wish I had written it myself 😉

I had a great week for my writing too. Huffpost Parents is going to run one of MY stories for the first time and they invited me to be one of their bloggers! So cool. I hope my stories go over as well as yours do 😉
    Molly´s last blog post ..A Bittersweet Goodbye to Breastfeeding

4. Kaylan says:

Congrats Ashlee!!
    Kaylan´s last blog post ..Survey said! Blog changes + a facelift

5. Gina says:

I have not heard of Studio Movie Grill but I totally want to take my husband there now. He loves movies. Sounds like such a fun date night!
    Gina´s last blog post ..Five on Friday v46

It was super fun! We went early so we just got apps and snacks, but I would totally go again and order dinner. It would be a great girls night too because they sell pitchers of margaritas! 😉

6. Brynna says:

I also had a couple random friends share your post on my newsfeed via HuffPo and eeped for you. 🙂
    Brynna´s last blog post ..Giving up the fight.

7. Eliabeth says:

First off, that photo is perfect! Secondly, yay for being on Huff post and blessing so many others with your words! You are doing great.
    Eliabeth´s last blog post ..Centime Gifts Giveaway

8. kat says:

Girl…you are a writing rock star. Who’s got 2 thumbs & a love for your writing AND internet fame? THIS girl! Dave & I went thru #5 list of questions on a recent date night…only got thru question #12 (in 4hrs. Tangents, much?) but seriously made for sucha fun (& funny) night

9. Brittney says:

You go girl! So, so glad to see your posts doing so well! You deserve every bit of it (and a whole lot more!)

10. Mariah says:

Oh my gosh, that date place sounds AH-mazing!! Send some my way, mkay? 🙂

11. Anne says:

I love the You Just Had a Baby post! Well deserved viral post! Way to go!!

Ummm I wanna join you at the movie place, it sounds amaze!

and finally, look at that little face in the picture! I’m melting!
    Anne´s last blog post ..It’s a Girl!

12. michelle says:

I could go for a spiked milkshake for sure!
    michelle´s last blog post ..Birthday

13. We went to Flix Brewhouse a few weeks ago, which sounds like the theater you mentioned. It was AMAZING!
    kelsey williams´s last blog post ..48 hours in Vegas