that christmas spirit.

WMHR Christmas-5

WMHR Christmas-1 WMHR Christmas-2 WMHR Christmas-3 WMHR Christmas-4

WMHR Christmas-6 WMHR Christmas-10

WMHR Christmas-7 WMHR Christmas-11 WMHR Christmas-16

WMHR Christmas-8 WMHR Christmas-12 WMHR Christmas-13 WMHR Christmas-17

WMHR Christmas-9 WMHR Christmas-14 WMHR Christmas-19 WMHR Christmas-20 WMHR Christmas-21 WMHR Christmas-23 WMHR Christmas-24Oh hiiiiiiiii there.

I accidentally took a break from blogging because POTTY TRAINING.

Our Christmas was lovely. It was busy and crazy and messy and involved a 4.5 hour drive that required fourteen stops for Everett to not pee, but other than that, there were pockets of peace in between it all. There was an adorably botched gingerbread house and a sleeping Santa baby and a beautifully set table and a quiet movie night.

Christmas with two kids this year was not as…..intentional as I would have liked it to be. We missed a quarter of our advent activities due to rain and potty training. We missed our Christmas Eve church service due to rain and traffic and a poorly planned afternoon. Our Christmas morning was a little rushed because it takes us two hours to leave the house and we needed to be somewhere at 2pm (we got there at 4:30, don’t even get me started).

But hey. We have a toddler and a newborn and we did the best we could under sleep deprived circumstances. Everett was mesmerized by our Christmas tree and loved his gift this year (a super cool ramp for his toy cars). Carson was subject to a lot of hat-wearing and enjoyed his two favorite things on Christmas day: naps and nursing.

All in all, a good Christmas for everyone.

How was your Christmas?

p.s. where to get those chalkboard printables + how to make that DIY advent calendar

This entry was posted in love and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to that christmas spirit.

1. caprice says:

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! I love your sons’ photos! And your house looks amazing! Ashlee, I love your style…and it looks so clean and put together. Would you ever consider a blog post on how you style your home or what your style is like?

Thank you!! We are still trying to finish decorating our house, but I hope to do a full home tour in the next couple months. I’ll try to put some thoughts on home style with the post 😉

2. Gina says:

Beautiful photos! Glad to hear you and your fam had a good Christmas, potty training and all. 😉
    Gina´s last blog post ..And Then There Were Three

3. Traci says:

My Christmas was wonderful, and it looks like yours was too.
    Traci´s last blog post ..Growth

4. Eliabeth says:

These photos are so sweet and wonderful!

5. Holly says:

Your pictures are beautiful – I love how you decorated your house for Christmas! I wish you could decorate my house 😉 We had a very quiet Christmas due to the fact that we were all sick – but it was nice to snuggle under blankets on the couch and watch Christmas shows while the kids played with their toys on the rug.

Happy new year!!
    Holly´s last blog post ..Merry Christmas!

6. Britt says:

Love this – such an honest report of Christmas – I just adore it.
    We had our first this year, and weren’t as intentional as I would have liked either.
    Next year I’d love to have an advent calendar of some sort, and start some new family traditions.
    Britt´s last blog post ..Ugly Gingerbread Sweaters (+ recipe)

7. Christine says:

I am SO glad you mentioned those chalkboard printables at the end because I saw that and was like GIRL IF YOU HAVE TIME TO DO BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY TYPOGRAPHY ON A CHALKBOARD…
    Anyway! Everything looks wonderful and joyful, and I’m sure it was all very memorable 🙂

Happy New Year lovely! xoxo
    Christine´s last blog post ..On a holiday break

8. michelle says:

Beautiful pictures – you always know how to capture just the right amount of light. If you’re ever up for a “photo taking tips” post, I’d be all about it!!

Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
    michelle´s last blog post ..Dinner Last Night: Pan Roasted Steak with Creamed Kale

9. Emily says:

Road trip while potty training?? Not good!

Your pictures are beautiful. Love the prints above the couch.

10. Monica says:

Love this post – your house looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing those links, I am totally making that advent calendar next year!

11. san says:

Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas. It looks lovely! I would have sent you a card, but I don’t have your current address. Happy new year to you, too!
    san´s last blog post ..A year in review: 2014

12. Elizabeth says:

Your home is so lovely! So inspired by your decorations!