puerto vallarta.

Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart residesPuerto Vallarta | where my heart resides-4Puerto Vallarta  where my heart resides.jpgPuerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart residesPuerto Vallarta | where my heart resides

Puerto Vallarta  where my heart resides.jpgPuerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart residesPuerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart residesPuerto Vallarta | where my heart residesPuerto Vallarta | where my heart resides Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides

Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides-8

Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides-7

Puerto Vallarta | where my heart resides-3

Messy buns and sunscreen every day; dresses and date night makeup every night. Tacos. All the tacos. Chips and salsa galoreRoom service every morning: coffee and eggs and french toast and bacon and more coffee.

We read books. We ignored the jellyfish warning and swam in the ocean. We danced in the pool and enjoyed dinners without negotiating a grapes to grilled cheese ratio. And for five days and four nights, I remembered. I remembered what it feels like to be lazy, to be spontaneous, to be free, to be romantic. I remembered how wonderful it feels to put on a dress and spend thirty minutes applying makeup and hairspray to look good for my husband.

It was a vacation. A real, true vacation. The kind where you come home and you’re happy and well rested and (most importantly) tan.

In the end, we were ready to come home of course. You can only be away from your child for so long before you start to miss them so much your insides get tangled. And on the fifth day, our insides were tangled. We boarded the plane still smelling like sunscreen and held hands during takeoff. “Happy anniversary,” he said to me.

And a happy anniversary it was.

Here’s to our seven years of marriage, our ten years of love, and decades of adventures ahead of us.

_________________

We recommend:

Accommodations – The Westin Resort & Spa in Puerto Vallarta

Beach readsUnbroken / The Rosie Project / The Opposite of Loneliness / Still Writing / Dad Is Fat

WearingPurple dressDate night LBD / Peony maternity swimsuit

_________________

p.s. This week I’m chatting on Elise Gets Crafty about work/life balance – listen here!

p.s.s Republished one of my favorite shorter blog posts on C+C this week, read it here.

This entry was posted in go and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to puerto vallarta.

1. Christine says:

Um, you kind of just sold me on Mexico. What a perfect VACATION! Happy anniversary lady–so glad the two of you were able to celebrate properly! xo
    Christine´s last blog post ..Of the moment // 8.1.14

2. Whitney says:

Ok, these are gorgeous. And what you wrote is just as beautiful. How refreshing.

3. Jessica H says:

Oh my goodness. I just LOVE your blog! Beautiful pictures!

4. Shayna says:

This looks fabulous!!!! So glad you two were able to get away and celebrate…well, the two of you! Much deserved!! Now I want a vacay! 😉

5. Lindsay says:

Beautiful! I especially love the photos of you in the purple dress – the colors in the background complement your dress perfectly! Cute baby bump too.

6. Xio says:

Isn’t Unbroken SOOOOO good!?!

• Brett says:

I read it in two days. If you knew how slow I read you’d understand how hooked I was! Can’t wait for the movie this Christmas. It’s too bad he couldn’t live to see it.

7. Allie says:

So happy you got to get away because you so deserve paradise. 🙂 I’ve loved following along with your beautiful life on your blog.

8. Susan M says:

ok, first this trip looked like it was the perfect mix and relaxation and recharging…next, loved the coffee + crumbs post and I especially loved the podcast! I will totally have to try the babysitting swap! What a great idea that is!
    Susan M´s last blog post ..What its like for a girl

9. michelle says:

Sounds blissful, you are looking fab as well my friend 🙂
    michelle´s last blog post ..Mid-Week Link Love

10. Stephanie says:

Alright…weren’t you the one just talking about Chipotle and now it’s real Mexican tacos and chips and salsa! Seriously, this girl in Amsterdam is missing good Mexican food!!!

My husband just informed me the closest Chipotle to us is in London :/
    Stephanie´s last blog post ..Av’s Six Month Update Plus Today’s Happenings!

11. Your pictures are so beautiful and you look fantastic! I do follow on instagram and kept up with your posts when on vacay but that didn’t stop me visiting to have another nosey at your holiday photos! Glad you had an amazing holiday, it looks like total bliss!
    Sarah-Louise B.´s last blog post ..Why You Might Be Scared To Self-Promote

12. SK Bell says:

I love everything about this! It all looks so gorgeous! The one of you and Brett with your heads together was especially touching to me. =]

13. Ashlee Chu says:

This is such a colorful and loving way to share the celebration of love and life. Happy Anniversary!
    Ashlee Chu´s last blog post ..Caribbean: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

14. Susannah says:

Awww… It looks like it was simply a fabulous time!
    Susannah´s last blog post ..Faith and Fellowship Blog Hop

15. what a beautiful vacation.

a little jealous of your kid free vacay, gotta get myself one of those! lol 🙂
    Andrea Worley´s last blog post ..A U G U S T G O A L S

16. Gina says:

Beautiful photos! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby. <3

17. Larissa says:

What amazing photos…and it looks like it was an amazing time in Puerto Vallarta!
    Larissa´s last blog post ..Five Best Villa Pools in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit

18. Jo says:

I’m catching up on reading the blogs I follow after three weeks of vacation myself and wow wow wow these shots are stunning. You rock pregnancy. Silly question. Who takes those pictures of you and your husband? Or is it just with a timer? They look great. The only nice pictures we have of ourselves on vacation are selfies. :s If I hand my camera to others the pictures always turn out blurry.