my five favorite podcasts.

favorite podcasts.jpg

2014: the year of the podcast, am I right? I love podcasts because they are conducive to multi-tasking—cleaning the house, driving a long distance, cooking dinner, waddling on the treadmill, etc. I can listen while doing stuff, which makes it easy to justify the amount of time Stitcher Radio is playing on my phone.

Here are five of my current favorites…..

1. Elise gets crafty – Elise talks about everything related to small businesses and creativity, and I always leave her podcasts feeling inspired to get up and do something great. She’s interviewed a collection of impressive guests, and I have walked away from every episode with some kind of creative takeaway. If you’re a small business owner, a freelancer, a blogger, or just anyone who enjoys learning more about creative processes, you will love this one.

2. Joy the Baker – Oh, Joy and Tracy. Where do I even begin? This was the first podcast I fell in love with. I started listening to these two right after Everett was born, and worked my way through all of their archived episodes on daily walks around my neighborhood. There was something fun and refreshing about listening to two girls casually chit-chat about life—especially during a time where I was spending a lot of time at home with a newborn.

3. The Art of Simple – I love love love this podcast. Tsh interviews all kinds of interesting people about topics mostly related to living a simple life. Her guests are fascinating, and I love the way the conversations are candid, yet somewhat structured around a central theme. She talks a lot about minimalism, work/life balance, travel, parenting, and a plethora of other relatable topics.

4. The Sarah Bagley Podcast – As someone who had a lot of perfectionist tendencies prior to becoming a mother, I cannot get enough of Sarah’s podcast. Every episode addresses the idea of living a B+ life and the art of not being a perfectionist. The best way I can describe this podcast is that it’s a breath of fresh air. If you have a long road trip ahead of you, go ahead and binge listen to all her episodes.

5. After the Jump – I recently started listening to Grace’s podcast from Kyla’s recommendation, and I’m currently working my way through all of the archived episodes. Grace interviews independent artists, designers, store owners,  and up-and-coming members of the creative community, and the conversations are always incredibly inspirational. If you work in any kind of creative field, this is a good one to subscribe to.

What podcasts are you listening to these days?

p.s. It’s my goal to turn Coffee + Crumbs into a podcast in 2015, wouldn’t that be fun?

This entry was posted in be and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to my five favorite podcasts.

1. Kelly says:

Yes, definitely start a podcast!

I also fell in love with podcasts when I had my baby 6 months ago. I love Joy the Baker and Art of Simple 🙂
    Kelly´s last blog post ..Four Years

2. Sarah says:

Thank you so much for this list! Just this week I had been trying desperately to find a few new podcasts to listen to! Get Crafty & Joy the Baker were already two favorites. I’m excited to try these new ones as well.
    A favorite podcast of mine is called “one bad mother” it’s a comedy/advice/parenting podcast. It’s totally not your typical mom podcast and I just love it for the hosts slightly rough around the edges style.
    Sarah´s last blog post ..GWRT part 03 – Capitol Reef National Park

3. Kathleen says:

I think you would also really enjoy The Lively Show. If you haven’t listened to it already I definitely recommend it!

I listen to podcasts using the Apple podcast app, but I’ve heard about Stitcher. Do you think it’s better?
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..currently

Subscribing now, thanks! I prefer Stitcher over everything else…..it’s easy to navigate and everything seems to load faster? I doubt there’s a big difference though!

4. kiki714 says:

This American Life, RadioLab, Stuff You Should Know, The Moth, Freakonomics, America’s Test Kitchen, and Splendid Table are all my “regulars”. Also, the best app for Podcasts is Downcast. LOVE It. (on a side note, reading this list I think I might just use the app like Tivo for NPR…hahahaha)

5. Caroline says:

I would love if you started a podcast!

6. Lauren B says:

This American Life and Freakonomic are my favs. Love your list too!
    Lauren B´s last blog post ..ode to our first apartment

7. Megan Clark says:

I’m OBSESSED with my Podcasts. Oldies but goodies: This American Life, Radiolab and Freakonomics. A couple of my more recent subscriptions are to 99% Invisible and NPR: TED Radio Hour. SO GOOD. Thanks for sharing your favs…looking into them now!

8. casie says:

I love Elise’s podcasts and I am going to check out the others as well. Thanks for the recommendations! I would love a coffe + crumbs podcast!!!

9. Sarah says:

Thanks for including me! I appreciate it 🙂 I’m going to have you back on because you were an awesome guest!
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Weekend links // vol. 24

10. Rachel says:

Thanks so much for the recommendations! My current favorite is “The Lively Show”. Would LOVE for you to start a podcast, just based on the first few Coffee & Crumbs posts.
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Summer Days, Drifting Away…

11. Amanda says:

I just wrote a post about my favourite podcasts (not published yet, probably tomorrow) and some of these are on there! I’ll have to listen to the others! Thank you!

12. Susan M says:

Coffee and Crumbs a podcast would be awesome!!!
    Susan M´s last blog post ..Disconnecting in order to reconnect

13. michelle says:

Thanks for the rec, do you ever listen to This American Life? They have weekly posts that are 3-4 stories based on a similar theme.
    michelle´s last blog post ..Fitting Room

14. Pingback: Wag Wednesday: Podcast and Paw Swipes

15. Katie says:

I had never listened to a podcast before until I listened to yours that you did with Sarah Bagley and I really enjoyed. Thanks for sharing some others with us! Excited to check these out.
    Katie´s last blog post ..I thought I was worthless. I was wrong.

16. Torey says:

This is a GREAT list. I was just thinking recently that I needed some new podcasts for my subway commute. I queued up “The Art of Simple” today and really enjoyed it. “Death, Sex & Money,” a new series by radio journalist Anna Sale, is also fantastic (and not as ominous/depressing as it sounds at all!).
    Torey´s last blog post ..Wag Wednesday: Podcasts and Paw Swipes

17. Angela says:

Thanks for the ideas! I will have to check those out, I am looking for some new ones to listen to. 🙂
    Angela´s last blog post ..What I’m Loving Lately

18. Kelsey says:

Great list, love Sarah! And enjoyed your interviews with Sarah and Elise! I’ve had so much fun producing a podcast this year, if you’d care to take a listen I know I’m partial but I think you’d enjoy it: The Girl Next Door Podcast http://www.girlnextdoorpodcast.com/
    Some of my other favorites include Mom and Dad Are Fighting Again (parenting podcast from Slate), and Spilled Milk (funny food podcast). Happy listening!

19. Lori says:

2014 is definitely the year of the podcast for me! I just discovered podcasts this year and they have changed my life – seriously. I have a 45 minute commute to and from work every day, and I love that I get to listen to something entertaining, educational or inspirational in the morning and afternoon. (Yes, I’m slightly addicted to podcasts.) I will definitely check out some of ones that you mentioned. Thanks for sharing!