home.

House tour | where my heart resides-1 House tour | where my heart resides-4 House tour | where my heart resides-5 House tour | where my heart resides-7 House tour | where my heart resides-8 House tour | where my heart resides-10 House tour | where my heart resides-12 House tour | where my heart resides-20House tour | where my heart resides-14 House tour | where my heart resides-15 House tour | where my heart resides-16 House tour | where my heart resides-17 House tour | where my heart resides-19 I never got around to posting a full photo tour of the house we just moved out of, but I wanted to share a few pictures of the place we’ve called home for the past year. This is where Everett took his first steps, said his first words, and morphed from baby to toddler before our very eyes.

I thought it would be different to rent a house (after previously owning one for seven years), and I assumed I wouldn’t get very attached to the walls around us. After all, it wasn’t our house. But I’m realizing that no matter where we live—short term or long term or renting or owning—every place that we call home will play a part in our story. And in this phase of life, the one with first steps and first words and positive pregnancy tests and all the normal nights of eating ice cream on the couch in between, I will continue to love and appreciate and care for every space we call home, whether it’s ours or not.

Here’s to new beginnings, purging everything but the kitchen sink, a whole new house to decorate from scratch (my favorite!), and the next chapter of our story.

***

an ode to our first little house
my new favorite decorating book
my favorite decluttering book

This entry was posted in be and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to home.

1. Beautiful – so homely and I just love the Africa picture above the fireplace. Home is wherever your heart is

2. Such a wonderful space! And I am SO excited we get to be pregnancy twins again…yay!! xo
    natasha {schue love}´s last blog post ..Baby Schue Take TWO!

3. Jen says:

Should you ever have free time (haha) I would LOVE one of your choose joy every day canvases!!! I have loved that since you made it years ago!!

4. Megs says:

I hear ya! I’ve loved our home… So many firsts, and surprises, and lovely days. When the day comes that we decide to move – a little piece of my heart will break. Thanks for sharing!
    Megs´s last blog post ..Chasing

5. Vanessa says:

I LOVE the grid of portraits you have hanging in the dining room!
    Vanessa´s last blog post ..Vacation Essentials

6. Paulette says:

Hey Ash –

This post makes me think of one our favorite TV shows – Friends. When Friends ended the last scene was a panoramic view of the apartment. I loved that they ended the show this way – the apartment was a character too. A house is another member of the family – so many memories are held in each and every room. If the walls could talk what would they say? When we moved out of our home in Livermore, I took a picture of every room prior to packing. When we were done packing I walked through the house and just stood in each room and let memories overtake me. Some were wonderful, some were not. My last stroll was through the backyard. Dad found me there crying my eyes out. We held each other and I told him how much I loved living in this house with him and you and Garrett.

Over the years you may move a few more times. Enjoy each house that you make into a home and make wonderful memories!!

Love, Mom

7. Susannah says:

I LOVE your decor style! Thankfully that’s something you can take with you when you move. 🙂
    Susannah´s last blog post ..Why So Silent?

8. Susan M says:

I love the look of your home and hope the move was stress free 🙂
    Susan M´s last blog post ..Creating makes me happy

9. Brikena says:

ah! this is soo pretty!!
    i love the photos on the wall of the dining room – what a great idea!

xo, Brikena

10. What a beautiful space! I agree, you get so attached I think to what happens in that home! 🙂
    Andrea Worley´s last blog post ..Simple Frittata

11. Gina says:

Beautiful home! You should start an interior design biz; I’d totally hire you. 😉
    Gina´s last blog post ..Five on Friday v34

12. casie says:

I love the tee pee in the living room and your wall art! Beautiful space. Can’t wait to see your new space 🙂
    casie´s last blog post ..Trying to become WHOLE

13. Your home was so beautiful! You have a great eye. Can’t wait to see what you do with your new home and thank you for sharing 🙂

Also, I caught a glimpse of your new project Coffee + Crumbs, it looks amazing! And such a great idea! I’m in a totally different life stage (24, not long graduated, travelling in Oz (pretty static at the moment)) and I would still read it! Maybe that sounds like a backward compliment, I mean I don’t believe it’s appeal is solely limited to mothers or mothers-to-be… Hmm I should stop think-typing…

I wish you all the very best and can’t wait to read along.

XO