a summer picnic.

Summer picnic | where my heart resides-1 Summer picnic | where my heart resides-2 Summer picnic | where my heart resides-3 Summer picnic | where my heart resides-4 Summer picnic | where my heart resides-5 Summer picnic | where my heart resides-6 Summer picnic | where my heart resides-7

“If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” – Bern Williams

Two weeks ago, Brett and I set out on our June date: a gourmet picnic at Soil Born Farms. I took Everett to Whole Foods that afternoon and splurged on pasta and good cheese, my two favorite things. Brett and I had the whole place to ourselves, which was a nice surprise. We set up camp at a picnic table, and talked about baby names and swim lessons for Everett and our upcoming trip to Puerto Vallarta. It was nice. Peaceful. Quiet.

Today is the ten year anniversary of our first kiss. It’s crazy when I think about that number…..I’m 28 and have officially been with Brett more than a third of my life.

You can expect a sappy post soon. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

p.s.  our love story

This entry was posted in love and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to a summer picnic.

1. andrea says:

This looks very delicious.

2. Congratulations you two! I’m excited to read your love story!
    Stephanie Loudmouth´s last blog post ..Look :: Michigan Maternity / Nature Center Part 1

3. Ana says:

I thought I was the only one that liked to celebrate that type of anniversary! That’s so sweet. And such a cute date idea. We still haven’t had the chance to do that this summer.
    Ana´s last blog post ..Hello again

4. what a beautiful date!
    Andrea Worley´s last blog post ..Party Like It’s 1776!

5. Gina says:

I love your photos from the picnic and what a great date idea! My husband and I might have to do the same.
    Gina´s last blog post ..Debt Repayment Update: June

6. michelle says:

Sounds like a perfect date! Happy 10 years, such fun to reminisce.
    michelle´s last blog post ..Currently…

7. Vivian says:

What a beautiful picnic – magazine-editorial-worthy! Your date sounded lovely!

xx Viv at JoieDeViv

8. Katie says:

oh my! this looks amazing and your pictures are as beautiful as ever. I LOVE sappy posts. I am all about the love stories :)
    Katie´s last blog post ..I thought I was worthless. I was wrong.