a new project!

Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 11.38.27 AMFriends! Remember that top-secret project I kept mentioning in weird and mysterious ways? THIS WAS IT.

And it only took me eight months to finish it after coming up with the idea (I rock at productivity these days).

The backstory:

Last November, I was feeling a bit…..bombarded. Bombarded with blogs and online magazines and Pinterest and a hundred other online resources that creeped into my daily routine, and thus, my idea of what life should look like, be like, feel like, etc. It seemed as though every time I turned on my computer, a shiny new website appeared, targeting itself to women—and specifically, women my age.

And as much as I admired and loved those websites, I started to feel like something was missing.

Motherhood.

Real motherhood was missing.

It suddenly felt like a void in the Internet. Where could moms go to read about motherhood in all of its difficult and wonderful glory? Where could moms go to read about topics deeper than nursery decor and postpartum hair loss? Where could–with the exception of personal blogs–moms find real life stories about motherhood?

The more I looked, the more I came up short. And the more I came up short, the more I felt called to do something about it.

I started feeling a desire to create an online place to talk about motherhood in a collaborative, community-oriented way: the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful.

Alas, Coffee + Crumbs was born.

Read the rest of the welcome letter here, and feel free to poke around our about page and manifesto to get a feel for what we’re all about.

I hope you love the idea behind this new space as much as I do. I really believe there is something beautiful and powerful about collecting our warrior stories in one collaborative place. After all, we’re in this motherhood thing together—in beauty and messes, in good times and bad, in peace and chaos, in coffee and crumbs.

Meet you at the table?

p.s. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow us on Instagram.
This entry was posted in be and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to a new project!

1. Susan M says:

oh nice how exciting! Good luck with this new endeavor. I am book marking it right now!
    Susan M´s last blog post ..what we love…June

2. Britty says:

Yay!!!

3. Kelly says:

I love this idea. I can’t wait to check it out!

4. suzy says:

launch day!! woo!
    suzy´s last blog post ..{movie crashers}

5. Whitney says:

I’m excited!!
    Whitney´s last blog post ..A new season.

6. Kellie says:

This is such a fantastic idea ashlee! I’ll always be thankful for you and Lesley answering my frantic “you don’t know me that well, we’ve only met once, but I’m gonna be a mom and am freaking out” emails 🙂 can’t wait to read. And maybe I can even write something for you someday on coffee and crumbs someday. 🙂

7. Anne says:

awesome! can’t wait to go take a look!
    Anne´s last blog post ..So You Live in Canada, Eh?

8. Gina says:

This sounds great. I’m excited to read your stories on motherhood!
    Gina´s last blog post ..Debt Repayment Update: June

9. This is coming at the perfect time! I actually just launched a baby blog TODAY to coincide with my “normal” blog because I was feeling a void on the internet myself. Off to follow Coffee + Crumbs now!
    Stephanie Loudmouth´s last blog post ..Launch :: stephanieshar.com, babyloudmouth.co, + an Indiegogo Campaign!

10. Natalie says:

I have been reading the posts on Coffee + Crumbs and absolutely LOVE it. It is exactly what I need to hear/read as a mom of a 17 month old and a baby on the way. Thanks to you and the other writers for sharing your moments and stories with us! You are writing about the things that all moms feel/think, but are sometimes to afraid to say or think out loud.

11. sorry I’ve been MIA and am just now discovering it…LOVE it!!
    susan // fleurishing´s last blog post ..bon weekend