a little announcement.

It’s true, it’s true! We are overjoyed, slightly terrified, and beyond grateful for this growing family of ours.

A very special thank you to our dear friends Natalie and Shawn at Acorn Films for creating this sweet film for us. We are forever thankful for their art, their generous talent, and aptitude for beautiful storytelling.

(song choice: Shine by Benjamin Francis Leftwich)
This entry was posted in love. Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to a little announcement.

1. molly yeh says:

LOVED THIS!!!! congratulations you guys!!!! this video made me so so happy.
    molly yeh´s last blog post ..grilled green onions with walnut romesco

2. sarah says:

Congrats! What exciting news 🙂 I’ve been a follower of your blog for years – and sadly haven’t ever commented. But this reminded me to thank you for your post from your last pregnancy when you found out about E being breech. I found out the same news at 36 weeks and remembered you’d written of your experience. It really helped me come to terms with the news. So… belated thanks & congrats all in one!
    sarah´s last blog post ..GWRT part 03 – Capitol Reef National Park

3. Yes! The terrifying excitement 🙂 Congratulations to all of you – and I hope you’re feeling well. Xx
    Bethany ~ twoOregonians´s last blog post ..Three Stories Up: A Lookout Tower Weekend in Central Oregon

4. julie says:

Many congratulations on this news 🙂 I am so happy for you . what a creative way to share the news.
    julie´s last blog post ..The Geography of You and me

5. Ahhh so excited for you!! This was TOO cute words!! Congrats mama!!! xo
    natasha {schue love}´s last blog post ..Design Showcase: Awkwardly Shaped Living Room

6. Jill says:

That is the cutest thing ever. Congrats to all FOUR of you! Oh, and I loved seeing more of your house btw 🙂

7. kate says:

congrats to your adorable family! what a cute video!
    kate´s last blog post ..this.

8. Natalie says:

Yea! So so so excited for you and Brett!

Shawn and I had the *best* time filming and making this for you guys. I’ve easily watched it 20 times, and it still makes me smile so wide, and a little teary eyed. Thanks for letting us be a part of this special time.

You’re both wonderful parents, and Everett is going to be a great big brother. Hugs!
    Natalie´s last blog post ..Rosemary Greyhound Cocktail

9. Christine says:

SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Also, my fingers are crossed for a girl 😉 Lots of love to the Gadd fam xoxo
    Christine´s last blog post ..Notes on doing the thing that scares you

10. Congrats!! So happy for you & your growing family 🙂 That video’s so great!

11. kylie says:

Congratulations!! What wonderful news! Your video was beautiful, can’t wait to see the addition to your family!
    kylie´s last blog post ..Review: Noah and the Might Ark

12. lauren says:

congratulations to you and your sweet family! 🙂
    lauren´s last blog post ..st. patrick’s day 2014.

13. How cute! What a fun video to have! Congrats!
    Andrea Worley´s last blog post ..My Fitness Journey: 1 Year!

14. Whitney says:

Congrats congrats congrats!!!

I have to say, having a Fall baby (born October 27, 2012) was the absolute best. The day he was born was gloriously sunny, perfectly Fall, and just a little bit crisp outside. And now his birthday will be such a beautiful time of year every year.

So so happy for you!!!
    Whitney´s last blog post ..My heart and my walls.

15. caprice says:

Congratulations!!!! Ev already seems like a great big brother!!! He is such a sweet boy! So happy for you and your family!

16. Briana says:

Well that was just about the cutest video ever! Congratulations on baby #2!!

17. Brikena says:

congrats on the amazing news!

xo, Brikena
    Brikena´s last blog post ..Our Story – The Proposal

18. Briel K. says:

Congratulations! How exciting! Loved the video. 🙂

19. Nina says:

Ahhhhh!!! This is beautiful and amazing. Congratulations!
    Nina´s last blog post ..Tired Eyes

20. Melanie says:

Congratulations! This video made me teary eyed – such a beautiful family! Also, jealous of Ev’s smoothie – that looks delicious! 🙂 Where is his little carriage from? That is adorable… I’d love to get one for my 14 month old!

21. Mariah says:

Very cute! I’m so excited for you! Unrelated question – where is that little buggy from? My girl would love it!
    Mariah´s last blog post ..What is a Capsule Wardrobe?

22. Wow! This is such an awesome way to announce baby #2! I’ve never seen an announcement video like this. I’ll be saving this idea for down the road 🙂 Congratulations!!
    Madison | Wetherills Say I Do´s last blog post ..When Your Best Friend Gets Married

23. Lesley says:

{Imagine an explosion of emoticon hearts!!!}
    Lesley´s last blog post ..Runway lights

24. Laureen says:

That is the most precious video!! Congratulations to you all, what a blessing. 🙂

25. Reginekarpel says:

Congrats!
    Be blessed!

26. Kelly says:

Aww, ADORABLE. Love it. Can’t wait to follow this adventure!
    Kelly´s last blog post ..Tea Date: Weddings and Workouts

27. Bri @ Woven says:

How beautiful!!!! So much love shining through that lovely video! Congrats on the growing family!
    Bri @ Woven´s last blog post ..Spring Wardrobe Ideas

28. Susannah says:

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!
    Susannah´s last blog post ..Faith and Fellowship Blog Hop

29. Kathleen says:

What a sweet video – Everett is incredibly adorable. I loved seeing the interactions between the three of you and the normal life stuff. He is going to be such a great big brother and you will love seeing him with his new sibling. It’s such a wonderful journey!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..meredith lately

30. Alyssa says:

Totally brought a smile to my face! Congrats, mama!!!

31. Teri says:

Congratulations!! 🙂

32. Lauren B says:

This was wonderful! I loved getting to see your beautiful family, home, and routine. Thanks for sharing! And congrats.
    Lauren B´s last blog post ..dear future self

33. Penny Sylvia says:

Love Ev’s big blue eyes! Kinda take your breath away they are so sweet! So happy for you guys!

34. Christy says:

Congratulations, Gadd Family! Such a treasure of a video!

35. Holly says:

Congratulations! Your video was beautiful – what a great way to make the announcement 🙂
    Holly´s last blog post ..Conversations with Topher

36. Melissa says:

Well..this is just the cutest announcement ever. Congratulations!!!!!
    Melissa´s last blog post ..metallic colored easter eggs

37. Gina says:

Congrats! Awesome way to announce the news. I got goosebumps and teary eyed while watching the video!
    Gina´s last blog post ..Protected: My New Side Hustle: Mo’ Money, Mo’ Experience

38. Callie says:

Yay for a baby!! Congrats to you and your little fam.. Two feet bigger before you know it! Xx

39. viktorija says:

I’ve been following your blog for about a year now and love it! congratulations to you and your little family!!!! such exciting news! 😉

40. Anne says:

this just made me so happy! congratulations! such a joy to watch your growing family 🙂
    Anne´s last blog post ..10 Favorites

41. Nicolina says:

Congratulations!! What exciting news! You have a beautiful growing family. Looking forward to getting together and hearing more about it. Hugs, Nicolina and Dan. 🙂

42. Laura says:

Eek! Congratulations!

43. michelle says:

That cat is out of the bag!! Congratulations my friend!
    michelle´s last blog post ..10 Reasons Why I Love You

44. Pingback: Five Things for Friday - Tastes Lovely

45. Vivian says:

Awww! This made me tear up! What a wonderful song, video, and announcement! New reader (as in, this was the very first post I read), and I’ll be sure to be following! Congratulations!

xx Viv at JoieDeViv
    Vivian´s last blog post ..Five On Good Friday + First Easter Basket

46. Kelly says:

Congratulations Ashlee! Saw this on Natalie’s site – what a fantastic video – got me teary eyed for sure and super excited and wonderful for your growing family – your little guy will be a fantastic big brother 🙂

47. molly says:

Oh, what wonderful news! And this video is just about the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen! What a beautiful reminder to have through the years of this special time in your lives <3
    molly´s last blog post ..Thoughts on Turning 35

48. amber says:

wow! congrats!!! SO excited for you guys! Such a beautiful video, too… loved the song. You guys look like such a sweet, happy family <3
    amber´s last blog post ..expecto patronum

49. Portia says:

Mazel tov, Ashlee! This was so sweet and touching. I am overjoyed for your beautiful family and new addition!

50. Katie says:

I’ve already said so on twitter but I’m finally(it’s about time) fully catching up on blog posts and I just wanted to say congratulations again! so excited for you and Brett and Everett! this was the sweetest video.
    Katie´s last blog post ..Currently

51. Katy says:

Congratulations! What a lovely video 🙂

52. This video was the sweetest thing! Congratulations you guys! I wish you every happiness and hope the pregnancy doesn’t give you too much sickness. Exciting times!
    Sarah-Louise B´s last blog post ..Weekly Wishes #2