stitch fix, round two.

Stitch Fix | where my heart resides-1 Stitch Fix | where my heart resides-2 Stitch Fix | where my heart resides-3(First things first: taking these pictures makes me highly uncomfortable. Really. I don’t know how to stand or where to look or where to put my hands. I’m sorry if they make you uncomfortable too. I promise to never ever ever be a fashion blogger. Ever. Ever ever.)

Anyways, down to business! This was my third stitch fix, and while I only kept one item (the last dress), I feel like they are getting closer to my “style”, which is basically the whole point of this service.

What I got in my fix….

1. A plain black t-shirt with buttons down the back (not pictured). It was cute, but didn’t fit well, and wasn’t anything special.

2. Striped t-shirt with embellished shoulders. This was cute, and very “me”, but it was a little tight for my liking, and I only wear long-sleeve shirts a few months out of the year so I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on something I wouldn’t wear that often. If I had seen this at a store, I probably would have picked it out for myself.

3. Racerback striped shirt. If the bottom had been straight across, I would have kept it. I felt like the cut of the shirt was accentuating my crotch, which is basically something I am never looking to accentuate. Am I crazy? It’s awkward, right?

4. Black and white geometric maxi dress. This was cute and you all know I love a good maxi dress, but it was four inches too short. Even barefoot, it barely touched the ground. I like my maxi dresses to be long enough for wedges. I also felt like it was a tad conservative because the neck line was high and the back was high.

5. Eyelet fit and flare dress. I LOVED this dress. It fit perfectly, is super comfortable, and can be dressed up or down. It also has a scoop back, which makes the other side a little more interesting.

Overall, I am still enjoying my fixes, and will probably keep ordering them every once in a while, especially as long as I have referral credits to spend. I’ve been playing it safe and asking mostly for tops and dresses, but I might go wild next time and ask for some pants or shorts. I’m also curious about their bags because I’m in the market for a new clutch.

A lot of people have asked about the price point, and I will definitely say this: Stitch Fix is not cheap. If you’re a bargain hunter and hate to spend more than $20 on a top, this service is not for you. I have my profile set to the cheapest option, and the tops usually range from $35-60 and dresses usually range from $70-110. If you don’t mind spending money occasionally on higher-quality pieces that you truly love, you should definitely give it a shot, especially if you hate shopping and like getting surprises in the mail (like me!).

Have you used Stitch Fix? Love it, hate it?

p.s. My original (honest) review of Stitch Fix + tips for getting a great fix. Also: If you sign up through my referral link, I get $25 to spend! And then you can tell all YOUR friends about it and earn money yourself. Win-win.

p.s.s. If stitch fix is totally out of your budget (and understandably so), I cannot say enough good things about ThredUP. I’ve placed two orders so far and have loved every single thing I’ve gotten. Your money goes a long way on that site. More info/pictures here.

This entry was posted in get and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to stitch fix, round two.

1. Meaghan says:

Thanks for the reviews – I love seeing what other people get in their fixes :)

And you might not think you could be a fashion blogger, but I think you could rock it! I can’t tell you felt awkward one bit!
    Meaghan´s last blog post ..April Goals

You are too kind. Really. I also could not be a fashion blogger because I wear yoga pants 24/7. There are only so many ways to make that look cute ;)

2. Brikena says:

i hate taking photos like that as well.. it is THE most awkward thing ever.
    also, those shoes! where are they from, they are FABULOUS.

xo, Brikena
    Brikena´s last blog post ..Austria Awaits!

The red ones? They are Naya shoes and they are INCREDIBLE. I can wear them for hours and hours, they are the most comfortable wedges I have ever owned! You can find them at Nordstrom and I think Zappos!

3. I soooo want that maxi, gorgeous!
    Andi of My Beautiful Adventures´s last blog post ..My Favorite Place For A Weekend Getaway: Banner Elk, North Carolina

4. Mariah says:

I’m definitely not feeling the awkward vibe. And your crotch statement made me laugh, I didn’t notice until you mentioned it! I’m soooo close to trying this, I just can’t bite the bullet! Plus, I’m a cheapskate so…
    Mariah´s last blog post ..HIMYM Live :: SPOILER ALERT

5. Bethany says:

Hah you look great in your pics! I love everything but especially the dress you decided to keep. I am planning on trying Stitch Fix really soon!
    Bethany´s last blog post ..rebelliousness and scrambled eggs

6. Um, you’re basically the LEAST awkward. Seriously, ALL CLOTHES LOOK GREAT ON YOU, & I am infinitely jealous. And also, I might give StitchFix another try.
    Kate @ GreatestEscapist.com´s last blog post ..The Time Macaulay Culkin Made a Sexual Innuendo To Me

7. Pingback: Weekend links // vol. 9 | sarah r bagley

8. you don’t look awkward at all! beautiful!
    they sent me that same racerback tank in my last fix too, i sent it back as well. fit totally weird. but your dress! awesome. i’m hoping for a dress in my next one too!
    Andrea Worley´s last blog post ..My Everyday Make-Up Routine

9. estherjulee says:

love the detailing on the shoulders! i have been wanting to try out stitchfix for a while. a few of my gfs use it and they told me that it took a few tries before they understood their style.
    estherjulee´s last blog post ..Pinball Hall of Fame Las Vegas NV

10. I would love to try out the service… but am so sad that the price point is so high and they don’t carry extended sizes. Your goodies look great on you!
    kimberly michelle´s last blog post ..adventures in mini golfing

11. Pingback: stitch fix round three: maternity version. | Where My Heart Resides