100 miles.

100 miles-1100 miles | where my heart resides-1 100 miles | where my heart resides-4100 miles-3 100 miles-3100 miles | where my heart resides-7 100 miles | where my heart resides-8A few weeks ago, something LEGENDARY happened.

We hit 100 miles on our 4moms Origami stroller.

It kind of felt like when your car reaches 100,000 miles, only bigger. It’s hard to believe that we’ve pushed this stroller 100 miles over the course of nine months. We’ve walked to the yogurt shop, to Chipotle, to coffee, along the American river and through every park in town. We’ve pushed that bad boy through airports and Pike Place Market in Seattle.

This stroller has seen 100 miles through Everett’s eyes.

When it comes to motherhood, I firmly believe that no milestone is too small to celebrate. Sometimes I picture parenting as this giant race with no finish line in sight, only mile markers. Every time you hit a mile marker, you feel a sense of accomplishment, even when you know you are nowhere near the end.

First time your baby sleeps through the night? Chocolate-chip-pancakes-worthy. First time you make it out of the house without a baby and manage to wear a clean shirt AND put on lipstick? Order-a-cocktail-worthy. First time you survive a trip to Target with a grabby toddler in the shopping cart? Treat-yourself-to-a-new-nail-polish-worthy.

For us, clocking 100 miles on our stroller was definitely crack-open-a-bottle-of-champagne-worthy.

Here’s to 100 more, Origami. There’s no other stroller we’d rather run (er, walk) this race with. Cheers!

Have you crossed any mile markers lately? How did you celebrate?

This entry was posted in be and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 100 miles.

1. Stephanie says:

Love this so much! As a new Mama I think everything should be celebrated!

2. Jessica says:

That picture of Everett holding your hand and looking up at you… I’m pretty sure my heart exploded. <3

I agree, the one where he’s holding his hand and looking up at you melted my heart.
    We’re teething over here, so the end of that will be celebration-worthy!

4. Stephanie says:

I’ve thought the same thing, only my fantasy, I get Girl Scout badges for each accomplishment. Like the first time I set up the pack and play with one hand and holding a baby, I thought- I need some sort of mommy merit badge.

5. Annette says:

I agree in milestones. Just this week I celebrated the first time my girls were happily playing in different rooms, doing their own thing and enjoying themselves. I stopped in my tracks and appreciated the moment of bliss. They are getting bigger and making their own choices which takes so much pressure off of us to have to entertain them 24/7. Cheers to milestones!!

6. Brynna says:

We’re celebrating ALL naps in the swing now instead of the Ergo! Love the Target nail polish suggestion… At least I’m going to tell myself that was a suggestion. 🙂

7. Jo says:

Do you know the song ‘500 miles’ by The Proclaimers? It’s the first thought that popped in my mind when I read the title of your post. Even though it’s 500 miles and not 100 miles it’s a great song. You should check it out (if you don’t already know it).

8. Love this, so much! Everett could not be cuter in these pictures, too! So fun and worth it to mark life with all the good things 🙂

9. Pingback: InstaJuly | While You Were Napping