5 little things on a friday.

Everett-1

{someone needs a haircut}

1. We are off to Monterey for the weekend for an early birthday celebration, woohoo! I can’t wait to take Everett to the aquarium. Any other recs on things to do, places to go, restaurants to try?

2. GOOGLE READER IS RETIRING?! I am devastated. Currently searching for a replacement and so far, nothing is knocking my socks off. Any suggestions?

3. This week I made turkey meatballs for the first time and they were de-lish. Ground turkey + one beaten egg + breadcrumbs + chopped onions + oregano + salt and pepper. Brown in skillet, finish baking in oven for 15 minutes at 375. We used them on Monday night for homemade pizza and Tuesday night on top of spaghetti. Yum!

4. Meet my new sponsor, Becca from While You Were Napping! Becca is married to Tovi, momma to the cutest boy named Cruz, and currently pregnant with her second baby. She blogs about grace, faith, and the importance of a two-hour nap (can we get an amen?). Be sure to visit her blog and say hello! Interested in sponsoring Where My Heart Resides? Click here for more info.

5. In the mood for a little spring cleaning? Read this article first for motivation.

Happy weekend!

This entry was posted in be. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to 5 little things on a friday.

1. viktorija says:

check out Bloglovin–I love it. 😉

Is there a way to see posts in their entirety in Bloglovin without clicking through to each individual post? I can’t figure that out…

• Alissa says:

No, you have to click through. :/

• Natasha says:

If you click on the blog post *title* from bloglovin.com, it will take you to this handy reader type thing. It has a toolbar at the top of the screen and you can click through to the oldest unread entry and go forward to the more recent, or however you want to do it. That is how I am commenting on here 🙂

2. Ashley says:

There is an amazing park called Dennis the Menace Park {located next to El Estero Park, you can see it right from Del Monte Ave on the way to the aquarium} that we’ve always wanted to try but we are usually on the verge of a sleepy aquarium meltdown and have to pass it by, you may want to check it out! I bet Everett would get a kick out of it, mommy and daddy too.

3. susan says:

yeah, what Ashley said about the Dennis the Menace Park! and AWESOME slide! please say hello to the penguins for me at the aquarium!!

4. donya says:

I signed up for Feedly yesterday and am loving it so far. Good iphone app too. Taking some getting used to, but so far that’s the best I’ve found!
    donya´s last blog post ..Alwyn : 5 Months

5. Jacki says:

This news about Google Reader … I’m not ready to talk about it, lol (see today’s blog, haha). But I guess I’ll have to start checking out alternatives. Although I’m (halfheartedly) on Bloglovin’, most of the great reviews I’m hearing point to Feedly.

I have to check out Becca’s site based on name alone! Naps….oh glorious naps….I miss you! E only slows down long enough to nap if we strap him into his car seat and drive somewhere. So I guess you know what I might be doing this weekend 😉

Enjoy your weekend away!! 🙂
    Jacki´s last blog post ..Friday’s Odds + Ends

6. Faith says:

My hubby loves meatballs, but I’ve never tried making them myself! Thanks for including the recipe. 🙂 Checking out the article now. Have a great weekend, and let us know if you find an awesome replacement for Google Reader!
    Faith´s last blog post ..Creativity, v.1

7. Portia says:

Well, you are in luck because I’m a native Monterey-ian! Dennis the Menace Park is a kid favorite. It’s next to a baseball diamond that league play on year around. If you are at the Aquarium, I would walk on the bike path to cannery row (made famous by John Steinbeck and what once was a booming fishing community). If you are looking for places to eat, my favorites are Old Monterey Cafe in downtown Monterey (El Dorado St) or First Awakenings (near the Aquarium) for breakfast, Wild Plum for lunch, and Montrio (downtown) and Crystal Fish (or Sapporo) for dinner. If you have the time I would go to the Wharf 1 and eat at Old Fisherman’s Ghrotto or Ablanetti’s… or anywhere really on the wharf. You get to experience great views and sometimes they through in free appetizers. I hope you three have a good time!

8. michelle says:

I’m super bummed about google reader too. Why are they retiring? You’d think that was money making gold! Please post about what you transition to, I’d love some tips/advice!

Have fun in Monterey 🙂
    michelle´s last blog post ..Read Any Good Books Lately?

9. Gina says:

Ooh! I just went to Monterey for the first time last month and LOVED it! Have fun!
    Gina´s last blog post ..I’m Raising Money to Help Find a Cure for Cancer