link me.

I haven’t had much time to blog this week, mostly because I started reading Gone Girl and haven’t been able to stop. But, I did manage to find some awesome things around the interwebs worth sharing, so please enjoy these links for your weekend reading (that is, if you’re not currently reading Gone Girl, because I wouldn’t expect you to read anything else until you finish);

1. My friend Kelly Ann has the best taste in music. No really, she does. She introduced me to the song we used for this video and this video. Every Monday she features a new playlist and they are ALWAYS good. Listen to her latest playlist here. It’s chore weekend around the Gadd household, and I can guarantee you I’ll be listening to this while I rearrange our kitchen cabinets (yay for organizing!!).

2. Have I told you how obsessed I am with Momastery? Because I am. Completely and utterly, no-shame, I-will-shout-it-from-the-rooftops obsessed. I love her, I love her blog, and more specifically, I love the talk that her and her husband have with their children before school starts each year. Seriously, please read it. You won’t be sorry.

3. I found myself nodding along while reading The Truth About Marriage: Most Days are Very Ordinary. So true!

4. The Violet website got a little makeover, have you seen it yet? Our fall issue comes out in a few weeks, stay tuned!

5. Shameless plug: I’m guest posting today over at my dear friend Christine’s blog and it may or may not be about Greece. But, C’est Christine is a travel blog so what did you expect?

6. Subscription boxes are the hot new thing. Have you heard of Umba and For the Makers? Both of these are officially on my wishlist.

Do you have any links to share? Have a happy weekend!

This entry was posted in be. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to link me.

1. Claire says:

love. it. all. Thanks for sharing, especially the music. I love music, but rarely branch out of folksy singer sonwriter stuff. My kids call it sleepy music. 🙂
    Claire´s last blog post ..Tension

2. Jackie says:

I love your guest post. that’s on my pre-baby bucket list too, so here’s to saving up!

and yes to that article on marriage. I just got married 2 months ago and knew a lot of it was the ordinary, but I like how she writes about it. the beauty is in having someone to do all that with. thanks for sharing that 🙂

and yes, Kelly Ann! best playlists seriously ever.

Ooh, good, I have Gone Girl on my shelf and now I’m even more excited to start it!
    I do a travel-related link post on my blog every Friday, links to places I think look cool. You’ve actually been on there quite a few times!
    Also, if you like subscription boxes, you should look into Influenster! It’s completely free, you just have to review the products you try online. They even have mommy boxes! =]
    Sarabell´s last blog post ..Check Out This Place 21!

• Sarabell says:

Also, holy smokes, thanks for sharing C’est Christine! I’d never seen her blog before and I LOVE it! I’m also a full-time traveler (though I’m just stuck in the US, for now at least) so I’m always on the hunt for cool new travel blogs!
      Sarabell´s last blog post ..Check Out This Place 21!

Gone Girl is intense, I really liked it. The language is pretty bad, just a heads up 😉 I will check out influenster, thanks for the tip! And, you will LOVE Christine’s blog. She just did a massive cross country road trip so there are a ton of recent posts about USA stops!

4. Faith says:

Isn’t Kelly Ann amazing?! Her playlists have introduced me to so many talented artists! Thank you for recommending the post about marriage. It rings very true, “Marriage is made up of a million, mundane daily tasks. And I have found the beauty in marriage is getting to do these ordinary tasks with someone. Or for someone.”
    Faith´s last blog post ..Back to my roots

5. Amanda says:

WOW-thank you so much for posting Momastery’s blog. I’ve spent the last hour reading her blog. She pretty writes what I think, but am too embarrassed to say. But why am I? If that’s how I feel, why not just say it? She is awesome and I have added her to my blogs that are bookmarked. Including yours 🙂

6. Michelle says:

Ashlee, thanks for the blog share. Always encouraging to see how many other married people feel something similar. And I am loving your friends playlist– it is so hard to get new music in Guatemala– pandora and spotify don’t work here- so I always worry I’m going to miss out on new music and still be listening to Shakira and Taylor Swift in 10 years : (
    Michelle´s last blog post ..The Truth About Marriage: Most Days are Very Ordinary

7. Thanks for the link to Kelly Ann, I already plan on being hooked. I knew a few of the songs but there were a bunch on there that I really liked and never heard of. I love new places for finding music!

I am also completely in love with monthly subscription boxes. I think it stems from my love of magazine subscriptions, I think we should have lots of things coming to our mailboxes that make us happy. I have had birchbox, https://www.birchbox.com?raf=zw168 for a year and a half and I have also given it as gifts to lots of people. It is a monthly subscription of beauty samples to try out, and I have found a bunch through it that I am hooked on which I never would have know about otherwise. Also Love with food, a subscription for a monthly food box, which I have not signed up for yet but have already bought as gifts. I like to give gifts that will continue past the initial opening. Thanks for all the links!!
    Jessica@The Literary Foodie´s last blog post ..An Affair With Magazines

8. Christine says:

Oh my gosh I am IN LOVE with Kelly Ann’s playlists–and her whole blog! Can’t wait to get some new music fixes, listening to her latest playlist now and loving it. I always wondered where you found such cool songs for your videos, I always love your choices! Thanks again for guest posting–I can’t wait to go to Greece myself 🙂 xoxo
    Christine´s last blog post ..An airline strike in Santorini

I’m working on another video of Everett so I need to go back through all of her Music Mondays to find a good song for it! Thanks for letting me guest post! 😉

9. jan says:

Hi, I am a long time reader of Cést Christine and I love Greece and Travel, so here I am. If I love a book I do nothing until it is finished, and then I continue to live in it for a few days. My husband is used to this as I share the characters with him! I am going to check out Gone Girl.
    Cheers Jan.
    jan´s last blog post ..Fantastic Friday – Dubai Here We Come

Hi Jan! I do the same thing with my husband. He’s not a big reader but he’s always intrigued when I’m obsessed with a new book so I end up telling him all about it 😉

10. Kingsley says:

Just nominated you for a Liebster award!

Kingsley´s last blog post ..Liebster Award!

11. Gosh, I’m obsessed with Gone Girl! Already more than half way through and can’t put it down!!
    natasha {schue love}´s last blog post ..Daffodils: Mama Kate