everett’s life verse.

life verse | where my heart residesEphesians 3:16-19

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

You know that one song that gives you goosebumps every time you hear it? This is the verse that gives me goosebumps.

Of all the things I hope for Everett—health, safety, a good education, the ability to make wise decisions when he’s a teenager, a fulfilling career, a godly wife, beautiful children of his own—nothing compares to the hope I have that he will one day know Jesus. Above all else, I pray that he will come to grasp, as well as mere mortals can, how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

Do you have a life verse? Did you pick one for your children?

This entry was posted in be, love, Transfer and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to everett’s life verse.

1. Kelly says:

Just beautiful, friend. Gave me goosebumps too.
    Kelly´s last blog post ..3 months!

2. Susan says:

Such a good question! This verse, Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. is so close to my spirit and has been my life verse. But recently, I’ve found one for my husband and I in our marriage…which is Romans 15:5-7 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.

Hope your day is beautiful.

3. Diana says:

This was just lovely. I hope you and your family have a blessed weekend. 🙂
    Diana´s last blog post ..life photos, lately

I have never heard of a “life verse” before but I love the concept! I’ve been reading the Bible this year, trying to read it all in one year, and I’ve been writing down a lot of the little verses I really like. My favorite so far has been 1 Samuel 16:7
    Sarabell´s last blog post ..Check Out This Place 18!

5. Janna Haynes says:

As cliche as it may sound, I absolutely LIVE by Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you”, says the Lord “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.”

I believe that verse for myself and I will pray it over my children every night. If you can trust that God ultimately has your best interest at heart, you can walk through any trial, any darkness, knowing that His light and promises are waiting for you at the other side.

6. Laura says:

My life verse is Proverbs 3:5- “trust in the Lord with al your heart; lean not on your understanding.” Our little one is due at the end of October- I love this idea of finding a life verse for him. The one you shared is beautiful!!
    Laura´s last blog post ..Follow Along Friday: Pinterest Edition

7. Ruthie Dean says:

Love this! I already started thinking of life verses for my children in the future. We want to name a son “Isaiah” which means “God is salvation”. Should be some great verses to choose from!

I love all your motherhood posts, even though I am not a mom. Keep up the great work and I’m excited about the future of “taking the blog seriously”. 🙂
    Ruthie Dean´s last blog post ..The Seemingly Meaningless Moments

8. brittany says:

what a great verse! i haven’t picked a verse for my little babe yet, but i want to! i’m just thankful for the fact that she is going to be growing up in a christian home and will always be reminded of God’s love for her. i hate to think of all the fresh new lives beginning that won’t have that!
    brittany´s last blog post ..these [newborn] days…

9. Saskia says:

Beautiful and encouraging!

We picked 1. Samuel 16,7 for our beloved Charlotte and I hope she will benefit from this in may ways and situations:
    “The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

The German translation is slightly different but I love it anyway.

Saskia

10. diana says:

This did give me goosebumps. My mom used to read me Psalm 91 (like the WHOLE thing) since I was a kid, and finally, as a rebellious teenager, I asked her to stop. Funny, it’s the verse I know by heart, and whenever I’m in need of comfort, anxious, or prayer, this verse is the one I say in my head.
    diana´s last blog post ..A Husband and His Pink Garage

11. Maggy says:

This is beautiful! I was just reading Ephesians today…always so rich.

12. Liz says:

Oh my goodness I need to come and visit you guys. Look at that face!
    Liz´s last blog post ..Someday

13. Kathleen says:

I’m tearing up. I don’t have a life verse for my daughter Meredith (13 months old right now), but I have this prayer that I find myself repeating ever since she was born: God, keep her safe, healthy, and happy, and may she come to know you and follow you. That one sentence pretty much sums it up for me.
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Sleep Conversations

14. Tamara says:

This is the same verse I have framed in my son’s room. I found it a few months after he was born. It described everything so well. I’ve been following for awhile but ‘rediscovering’ your posts. : )