the hospital bag.

This isn’t a complete list by any means, but here are a few of my favorite items from my hospital bag…

-Burt’s Bees Mama Bee body oil
-Motherlove nipple cream
-Boppy (to help with post c-section breastfeeding)
-iPad (to take videos)
-One lip balm
-New slippers
-Yes to cucumbers face wipes
-Camera & charger
-Welcome Baby kit by Philosophy
-Nursing sleep bra
-Annie & Isabel hospital gown (one for surgery and one for recovery)
-Super soft black nightgown (heard gowns > sweatpants post c-section)

Mommas, any advice for must-take items? Specifically post c-section?

This entry was posted in get and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to the hospital bag.

1. Erin says:

I had an emergency c-section with my daughter so I was 100% unprepared. Low cut underware and an incision do not go well together. After I ran out of the pretty mesh undies they give you in the hospital my mom picked up some rather large underware for me. As ugly as they were they took all the pressure off my very sensitive lower stomach. You may want to take a robe as well. The day after my surgery they had me up and walking and I was so glad I didn’t have to stroll the halls in my hospital gown.
    I hope everything goes well for you! Motherhood is wonderful even on the hardest of days!

2. Aimee Carroll says:

I totally agree with Erin! Low cut undies can be painful. Actually, the disposable hospital undies they give you are great (and oh so fashionable)! When I ran out, I asked for more and brought the extras home with me. I wore those the entire week after I got home from the hospital. It’s nice to be able to just throw them away when you’re done with them.

One thing I wish I had with me was nursing pads. My milk came in the last day I was in the hospital and totally soaked my shirt with 2 big wet circles in front of my visitors! Not that it’s a big deal, but if that’s something you want to avoid, I’d throw the pads in your shirt right before visitors come (just in case).

I’m so excited for you! Sending you good thoughts for speedy recovery!

Wow, you seem to perfectly prepared! I wonder what all I will take. I don’t have any children so I imagine things like books for boredom, but that’s probably silly. You’ll probably never be bored again. =]
    Sarabell´s last blog post ..Your Hair is Everywhere…

4. Vanessa says:

Those slippers… I’m totally going to buy myself some. I’ll be thinking of you!!! <3
    Vanessa´s last blog post ..Typewriter Boneyard

5. holly says:

that nightgown looks so pretty and comfy! you will do great :) sorry i dont have any additional tips but im pregnant with my first right now too. good luck, mama!

6. IT’S SO SOOOOOON! <3 Thinking of you.
    Suburban Sweetheart´s last blog post ..Oh, When the Saints Come Marching In

7. Love this list!!! You will be stylin in your Annie & Isabel gowns and no need for a robe either because we got you covered:-) Love the nightgown too and the ipad is a must as well!! We are thinking good thoughts for you and enjoy your last weekend as a couple. xoxo
    Anna & Selena´s last blog post ..Happy Anniversary To Us ~ Our Second Year

8. Jen says:

Lots of clean socks for yourself. A small pillow to put over your belly, under the seatbelt on the car ride home. Ditto on the nursing pads and go ahead and buy a big ole package of granny panties. You’ll be happy to have them and even more happy to throw them away when you are done! Snacks and beverages for yourself/Brett for post delivery and something warm to snuggle up with in case your room is chilly.

9. Jen says:

PS-skip the nipple stuff until you find out about any dietary issues for the little man. Lived and learned on that with my kiddos.

10. Selena says:

Love your beautiful post! Thank you for including your Annie & Isabel hospital gowns! We hope they make you feel as special as they should. The most important day of your life, right?! You’ve got look fabulous and stay covered in the right places! We know you will be taking lots of pics;)

The only other things we’d suggest adding… as the nurses in your life…are flip flops for the showers….believe us…go to old navy or target and get a cheapo pair to toss after…those showers will never see our bare feet!!
    Also, we both LOVED having a loofa and shower gel… that first shower was amazing and we were so happy we didn’t have to use the hospital soap! not sure if you’ll be up for a shower right away… but, just in case you’ll be ready and smell nice!

We have so enjoyed following along with you and your beautiful posts…can’t wait to see the little guy!!
    You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers come Monday!
    xoxo
    Selena & Anna
    Selena´s last blog post ..Welcome to Annie & Isabel’s New Web Site and Store!

11. Ashlee says:

Eek, flip flops for the shower! Good idea, and something I hadn’t thought of. Already got the loofa and shower gel ;) Thank you again for the beautiful gowns!