when life gives you lemons, or when your baby is breech.

“I just want to do a quick ultrasound to make sure he’s head down. I’m not completely sure, and at 36 weeks, I want to be completely sure.”

I smiled at the midwife nodding my head, all the while thinking, “Score! An ultrasound!”

I hadn’t seen my baby since our nineteen week appointment and was eager to see his little body swim around on the screen. She took me into another room and I pulled my shirt up again, ready for jelly. At my last two appointments, the midwives had felt my stomach and told me that our baby was head down. I was sure he was in the right position, but grateful for the extra precaution. The midwife grabbed the probe and placed it on my lower tummy, as I watched her eyes carefully.

“Hmm….” she mumbled.

She moved the probe to the top of my stomach and quickly said, “Well, I’m so glad we did this ultrasound. He’s breech.”

The words had barely left her mouth when the tears started falling. She flipped the monitor around so I could see but all I could make out were fuzzy black and white spots. How did this happen?

I tried to listen as the midwife comforted me. I heard her say something like 3% of babies at this stage are breech. THREE PERCENT? I AM IN THE THREE PERCENT?!! How can that be? Everything has been so normal. So…easy. Every prenatal appointment the midwives and nurses have said things like, “Great blood pressure!” and “Amazing heartbeat!” and “Oh my gosh, your belly looks perfect!”

I couldn’t make sense of it. What had I done wrong? Is there something wrong with him? Why won’t he turn his head down?? I left the birth center sobbing, and cried the whole way home. My sweet sweet boy….we’ve made it all this way without one complication and now three weeks before your due date, THIS?

Brett came home from work to console me, and within an hour, I had pulled myself together and was ready for action. After reading a pamphlet from the birth center and doing some research online, we had a plan in place. I was going to flip that baby around if I had to stand on my head all night. We decided to combine every home remedy into one, for the maximum potential for success. It looked a little something like this….

Me, lying upside down on an ironing board, holding a bag of Trader Joe’s frozen fried rice on the top of my stomach with a heating pad on my pubic bone and headphones securely fastened inside the top of my underwear. Meanwhile, Brett sat next to me shining a flashlight below my belly button, holding an empty toilet paper roll to my lower stomach saying things like “Baby, it’s your father….come down here…..you know you want to….step into the light.”

We repeated this process three times last night, in between forward inversions, cat-cow exercises, and a bath to help my body relax. I stepped into the tub and immediately burst out laughing. Brett had taped a picture above the faucet of a baby in the head down position with the caption, “C’mon baby! You can do it!!!”

When I wasn’t propped up on an ironing board or pillows, I sat very tall with headphones in my pants and a flashlight below my belly button. I talked to the baby. I prayed. I e-mailed my best prayer warriors and asked them to pray. If I couldn’t get the baby to turn in 24 hours, the midwife had suggested we come back for an external cephalic version procedure, which I was desperately trying to avoid.

At 4:30pm today, I was feeling equally defeated and optimistic. The baby had moved a LOT with our home tricks, but I hadn’t felt a complete turn. I was still holding onto hope that the version would work. There was a 50/50 chance.

We were at the birth center for two and a half hours. The doctor, God bless her, pushed as hard as she could. I closed my eyes and breathed through the pain, saying “turn baby turn” in my head with each exhale. It was painful. Brett held my hand and told me over and over again how good I was doing. After five minutes of the doctor pushing and twisting my stomach, I asked her if it was working. I could tell it wasn’t. I could feel the tears coming but refused to give up. God, please make the baby turn. PLEASE.

Twenty minutes later, the doctor stopped, and I knew it was over. He hadn’t turned, and wasn’t going to anytime soon. He was being stubborn, just like his momma.

The tears were falling again, and the doctor started discussing our options. After measuring the baby’s head size, she told us a vaginal breech birth would be very risky. She nonchalantly recommended a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks, and offered to put a date on the calendar right then and there.

Somehow in 48 hours my entire birth plan, which was pretty damn flexible to begin with, had been turned upside down. A c-section was never part of the plan. It was part of the if-there-is-an-emergency plan, but not part of the REAL plan. The plan that consisted of laboring at home and a water tub and a doula and possibly drugs if I needed them. All of that was suddenly gone. We politely declined her offer to schedule a c-section, and told her we’d prefer to wait until our next appointment on Wednesday, to see if the baby turns by then. She agreed that would be fine, and left the room.

Brett and I walked to the car, hand in hand. I was scared, disheartened, frustrated, and incredibly discouraged. I tried not to cry anymore. We made a quick plan for the night to take our minds off of everything: Chipotle, frozen yogurt, and Thursday night TV. It helped a little, but not much. My stomach is sore and bruised. I feel like I’ve been beaten up, physically and emotionally.

So, that’s where we’re at. I’m still holding onto hope for a miraculous turn, but I’m also trying to be realistic and prepare myself mentally for a scheduled c-section. It’s not how I ever thought I would bring a baby into this world, but if that’s what it takes to get him here, that’s what I will do. I told God before the version appointment that I trusted Him, and now it’s time to walk the walk.

My birth plan is in His hands now.

And really, there’s no better place for it to be.

This entry was posted in be, love and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to when life gives you lemons, or when your baby is breech.

1. Liz says:

Oh Ashlee :( I don’t even know what to say – you are so brave and it is so amazing that you are putting all your trust in God’s plan for you and your baby. It will all work out, I just know it. Try super hard to stay positive, and in the meantime I’ll be praying and thinking of you and your fam! GOOD LUCK!

2. kate says:

oh momma! i’m thinking about you, your little one and your baby family. what an amazing, supportive husband you have, he sounds pretty hilarious too. I don’t think your outlook on the situation could be any better, you’re pretty amazing yourself. TAKE CARE.
    kate´s last blog post ..meet someone good, me!

3. Laura says:

I’m sorry things aren’t turning out the way you had hoped and planned. I commented on Twitter 2 nights ago about this. We were told for weeks upon weeks that my son was head down. At my 38-week appointment, my doctor wasn’t going to do any exams or anything, but 4 days prior, I had been in triage, having mild contractions, so, I asked him if he’d check, just to see if I made any progress. Good thing I asked him to. He did the internal exam, and said, “Hmmm.” like your doctor did, followed by, “Let’s do an ultrasound.” And tada, he was breech. We had the option of a version, but he explained the success rate wasn’t great, and anything I’d ever heard was that it was very painful, and the baby could just flip around again, so, we scheduled the c-section. It isn’t heard often, but I liked my c-section. I know this isn’t something most plan to have – neither did I – but I’m glad I did, because if it had turned out to be an emergency c-section, I can’t imagine the emotions that may have been running, then!

Things will work out just how God intends for them to, and it will all be for the best, in the end, whatever happens!
    Laura´s last blog post ..Friday’s Letters

Thanks for sharing your story, Laura. I agree – a planned c-section will be a lot better than an emergency c-section. Modern technology is pretty amazing!

4. Addison says:

Have you looked into acupuncture? I have heard that it can be an effective method for turning a breech baby.

We did. We called the acupuncturist on Wednesday night, but wasn’t able to get in before our scheduled version yesterday. I am going to try to see him before we go back next Wednesday!

5. Lottie says:

I am so sorry he hasn’t turned–but you have a strong minded little boy, surely that has to be a plus.

I will be thinking of you and hope that he turns in the next coupe of days, but as you said the birth plan is in the right hands even if it isn’t quite how you envisaged.
    Lottie´s last blog post ..Slob.

6. Mitzie says:

What a roller coaster of emotions! I try not to laugh picturing the home efforts (which I cannot quite do), but I look at how this little guy’s parents are doing everything they can…even enduring pain and bruising….to make sure he is okay. Take special good care of yourself right now as well.

I am so proud of you and Brett through all of this. My heart and my prayers go out for all of you!!

7. Kelly says:

Praying for you friend and praying that little one will do a 180 before making his way into the world. There is still time – stay hopeful! You are a brave momma. And you are right…all of this stuff is super out of our control. It is in God’s hands…right where it should be.

Love you!

8. michelle says:

Oh Ashlee, my heart goes out to you. I don’t know much about this, but it sounds like you are working so hard for this baby, in some way he most already know how devoutly his mom and dad love him. Somehow it will all work out. Keeping you and baby G in my thoughts and prayers for a full turn!
    michelle´s last blog post ..Dinner Last Night

9. Oh goodness, praying for you and your family Ashlee! I am sending vibes that your baby boy spins around to where he’s meant to be.

Thank God for your supportive husband!
    Jeanelle @ Glocal Girl´s last blog post ..A New Look

10. Ashley says:

You are so brave, and so determined. I would have just had a meltdown. You are faced with a huge battle and you pray and then take action… I’m so impressed. I’ll be praying for you and that little stubborn guy in your belly. It really is a good thing that God knows what he’s doing, because times like this sure can be scary.

11. Garrett says:

Ashley, you’re one of the brightest people I’ve ever met – both in personality and wit. One way or another you’ll make this all work out. It may not be the way you may have envisioned, but the result either way will be the same: the birth of your boy. =)
    Garrett´s last blog post ..Suit Up: Strawberry-Lime Buttermilk Cake

12. Lana says:

Oh friend. I literally cried and laughed throughout this blog. I cried in empathy for the pain you feel at hearing your plans might be thwarted. And I laughed at the image of you hanging upside down on an ironing board. And I cried thinking about how much pain you underwent trying to turn your baby boy. I’m gonna pray for you and baby boy. Hang in there. This boy could not possibly have more supportive or loving parents.

13. SushiMama says:

Add another person to the list of people praying for baby boy to turn!
    SushiMama´s last blog post ..State of the Uterus

14. Raquel says:

Aw, sorry to hear that. Just think of it as the initiation ritual to motherhood! Hope the Chipotle, frozen yogurt, and Thursday night TV helped soothe you a little bit.

Your beautiful, positive outlook will get you through anything. Just imagine that first moment you hold that sweet little man in your arms and any amount of anything will be worth it. Praying for you!
    Sarabell´s last blog post ..Check Out This Place!

16. Paulette Hawes says:

Dear Ashlee and Brett –

You are so brave!! A lot of people would not have even tried an ECV. Hopefully Baby Gadd has gotten the message with all the poking and prodding and turns on his own by your next appointment. The home methods sounded hilarious but also make sense!! Brett, we love you and thank you so much for loving our daughter and taking such good care of her.

Love and lots of prayers, Mom aka future Baby Gadd Grandma

17. Lauren says:

I was a breech baby. My mom went through a c-section to give birth to me. I know it wasn’t in your plan to need to seriously consider a c-section, and I hope that your baby will to turn for you! But, if it does come down to having a c-section, I want you to know I’ve been there, and it turned out very well, for my mom, and me!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Mid-Century Modern in Palm Springs

Thanks Lauren. My friend Anna reminded me today that she was too. In her words, “I was a scheduled c-section, and look how amazing I turned out!!” ;)

18. Suz says:

Ashlee, you’re exactly right… There is no better place the plan could be than in Gods hands! I will be praying for all three of you. xoxo

19. Robyn says:

I don’t get why you’re so upset. You still have a baby. That’s more than a lot of people.

• Danielle says:

Are you kidding me Robyn? You have obviously not given birth or if you have, everything went how you wanted it to go and you weren’t forced to do something you hadn’t planned on! Ashlee is fully aware of how lucky she is and deserves the right to vent about her disappointment about the process.

While that might be true, I believe I am allowed to process emotions about the prospect of undergoing major surgery to bring my baby into this world. C-sections are never ideal due to the risk and potential for complications, and I think it’s okay for me to be a little scared and disappointed about it. And it’s definitely okay for me to voice those concerns here, on my personal blog.

20. Samantha Jo says:

Instead of being upset that your baby is breech, you should count your blessings that he is strong and healthy. That’s a lot more than most people can say, and that is the most important thing of all, isn’t it? I understand that for some, their “birth plans” are really important, but as you said yourself, GOD’S plan is the only one that actually exists. The baby will turn if he is meant to turn, and will be delivered via C-section if he is meant to be delivered via C-section. Instead of trying to fight it, embrace it and enjoy the process of giving birth (either way) to your perfectly healthy child…

• Britty says:

Seriously, lady?
      Have you never felt disappointment before?
      Get off your soap box.

Ashlee,
      You are the most positive, optimistic person I have ever had the pleasure of calling my friend. Your feelings are valid. And, um, hello. You’re pregnant and totally allowed to be emotional. I think you are so brave for expressing your true feelings and being so honest with yourself.
      We all love you.

Thanks Britt. Love you too ;)

• Samantha Jo says:

Oh trust me. I am 22 weeks pregnant and have placenta previa, which means I will most likely have to have a C-section as well. I understand that it can be shocking and disappointing, but when I read stories of women who are struggling to keep their babies alive from diseases, or who are suffering through miscarriages, a C-section is the LEAST of my worries. I get it that it may not be the ideal way to give birth, but we’re still being blessed with beautiful babies, so isn’t that the ultimate prize? I’m not on a soap box, trust me. Just trying to shine the light on the situation at hand.

Hi Samantha,

Congrats on your pregnancy. I am sorry to hear of your condition, and appreciate you sharing that. Unfortunately, there will always be people in situations worse than ours. That is the world we live in, and I certainly don’t mean to minimize that fact by discussing my own personal struggles here. I don’t believe that acknowledging a moment of disappointment over needing a c-section makes me any less grateful for this child, or any less aware that there are other people in this world that have it worse than I do.

It has always been my belief that it is best to express how you feel….I happen to process things best when I write and I happen to write a lot of those feelings here, on my personal blog. I’m not here to act like my life is perfect, or pretend that I’m not upset when I am. I wrote this post immediately after coming home from the unsuccessful version procedure and this was what came out. I cried while I wrote it, and I felt better when I was done. The next day I received an outpouring of support from friends and strangers alike, and because of this post, was able to have in-depth conversations with three separate women who had planned c-sections with breech babies. They told me what to expect and I was grateful for their advice.

I hope that shines a little light on where I’m coming from….at the end of the day this is my personal blog where I share personal stories, good and bad. I’m human and I’m emotional, and it is always my hope that my posts will resonate with at least one reader. If and when the day comes that I don’t believe I am doing that anymore, you can bet I will stop. Until then, you are free to keep reading or stop reading any time.

If you ever want to contact me outside the blog about what to expect for a planned c-section, I’d be happy to share my (future) experience with you. ashlee.gadd@gmail.com ;)

I’m not sure what gives you the impression that I’m “trying to fight it” or that I’m not grateful for a healthy baby. I thank God every day for this baby, and I won’t know for sure how healthy he is until he’s born. Our midwife suggested we try home remedies, and also recommended the version procedure, which is why we attempted both of those things. I would never quickly embrace a c-section if there was something I could actively do to bring this baby into the world via a safer route. That was the first decision Brett and I had to make as parents, and I firmly stand by what we did. I have every right to feel upset about this, and every right to voice those feelings here.

• Samantha Jo says:

I just didn’t appreciate you acting like it was the end of the world to have a C-section, because there are plenty of other things that could go wrong in pregnancy, and some people (such as myself) have no choice but to have a c-section. I understand you’re upset, and I get it. I really do. I think my comment was read in the wrong way, as I never meant to offend you or make you think that I didn’t respect the fact that this is your blog with your feelings. Everyone has a right to be upset about certain things. I was merely trying to point out the fact that this is a TINY worry in comparison to other issues that could have come up. I wish you the best with your delivery, no matter if it is natural or via C-section, and didn’t mean to offend you in any way!

I’m not offended. At all. But to be honest, I don’t think any part of my post implied that I thought this was the “end of the world”….that sounds a bit dramatic. I said I was sad and discouraged and I think those are totally normal and legit feelings to experience immediately after being told that you will need major surgery to bring your baby into the world. Perhaps we can agree that I read your comment in the wrong way, and you read this post in the wrong way? ;)

21. Laura says:

You are so brave and so strong. Not having had kids yet, I can only imagine how difficult and disappointing this must be. I think you have every right to feel sadness at this potential change of plans,hang in there.

I’m praying with you and for you for this sweet Baby Gadd to turn and for peace for you and Brett!! We serve a mighty God!
    Laura´s last blog post ..The Little Things

22. kelly ann says:

Praying that our sweet Heavenly Father brings you peace and comfort. He has you. He has baby. He’s got you, Ash. And you are covered in prayer. <3
    kelly ann´s last blog post ..do what you can.

23. donya says:

Ashlee, I could copy/paste what Lauren said above. It will all work out. But I also know I would have been disappointed with a c-section as well, with my own boy. Hopefully that baby turns for you! I can’t wait to hear how he decides to come out :)

24. Bridget says:

Wow, I’m shocked that someone is telling you that you can’t feel sad about needing major surgery to bring your baby boy into the world. I’m sure you are incredibly grateful that he is strong and healthy, but a little time to get over the shock is definitely allowed. Keep up the hope that he will turn and remember that once you have your sweet boy in your arms nothing else will matter. Thinking about you and sending baby turning energy your way!

25. Ashley says:

Oh sweet Ashlee, you are already such a wonderful mother and your baby boy isn’t even here yet. It’s COMPLETELY NORMAL and OKAY to be feeling everything that you’re feeling, regardless of what closed-minded people want to say. You work so hard for nine months to essentially make a human being (and I don’t care what anyone says, pregnancy is hard work), and you want to being your child into the world in the most relaxed and natural environment… And suddenly someone tells you that you can’t do that. It’s probably one of the most emotional moments a mommy-to-be can go through. I’ve been there and was terrified. Keeping you in my prayers and looking forward to seeing pictures of your new little family of three in just a few weeks time! <3
    Ashley´s last blog post ..Cousins Say Hello [& other updates]

26. Alli Moore says:

Thinking about you friend. While I can’t relate to being pregnant and having a birth plan, it always shakes you (or shall I say tests you) when things don’t go according to plan. It’s surgery and that can totally be scary. I know you’ll get through this and at the end of the tunnel is a wonderful little boy that can wait to meet his mama. So he’s a little comfortable in there. Would you want to be head down for a couple of weeks? Hee hee ;) You’ve made it such a wonderful place for him to grow, but that little guy only has the best ahead and I know you’ll be okay. Embrace your feelings, sit with them, and he’ll be here before you know it. Love you friend! P.S. Maybe the gelato next week will help.

27. Emily says:

Ashlee, I’m so sorry for you, friend. How disappointing! Not at all what is pictured when one is planning for birth :( I hope that you and your husband can find peace with this circumstance. And of course that your sweet little boy will flip himself around!!

I just wanted to explain our birth experience that ended in a section for you, because it ended up being AMAZING anyways. I got induced, made it to 10cm and pushed for two hours and our little boy just wasn’t going to fit. I felt so disappointed. I cried and mourned the loss of my expectations. But to our surprise we got an unexpected experience that was so perfect that we wouldn’t have gotten with a vaginal birth. My husband and I got to watch each others face as we became parents and heard our little Ian make noise for the first time. It was the best moment of my life and I’ll never forget it and I still tear up just thinking about it! I don’t think either of us would have been so focused on each other during a vaginal birth.

I just wanted to share that even though it’s not ideal, c-section can be a wonderful experience for a new little family :)

Emily thank you for sharing this. I can vividly picture what you just described and I love the idea of looking at Brett’s face when we both hear our baby cry for the first time. That might be the best pro of a c-section I’ve ever heard. Thanks for your encouragement and support ;)

28. Ashley says:

You are a brave, determined, AMAZING woman! And if you get the chance to, I can tell you’re a warrior mama who will ROCK at birth. :)

That said, i can’t imagine how you feel. My two biggest birth fears were being induced or having a breech baby. It just seems so unfair – you can do everything possible to avoid a c-section — educate yourself, choose a great place to birth and a medical professional, exercise, take care of your body, etc etc — but if you have a breech baby, all of that hard work goes out the window! I sympathize so much with you! Not because I think c-sections are evil or a less wonderful way to bring a child into the world. Not at all!

Hoping with all my heart that he turns – the power of positive thinking, right? :) But if not, you should talk to people who had c-sections and were able to hold their baby immediately, nurse ASAP (if you want to nurse), and so on. It might help prepare you. Just a thought. :)

Thinking of you!
    Ashley´s last blog post ..Little Glass Jars of Yogurt are Cute.

Thanks Ash! I have already reached out to a few friends who had c-sections for support, and I am thankful to be giving birth at a hospital where their standard protocol is to put the baby on the chest and breastfeed immediately, even after a c-section. They told me I can hold the baby the whole time they are putting me back together, which all things considered, is the best case scenario. Thanks for your support and encouragement.

29. Laura Lawson says:

Ash,

What a brave and honest post. I loved reading it – I felt like you just poured your heart into typing this out, and more than anything, it is SO OBVIOUS how much you already love your little one and want what’s best for him. I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but I do know that God already has it all figured out. I love you and most of all, will be praying for you and Brett and Baby during these next couple of weeks. You are amazing and strong. I so look up to you.

30. Katie says:

Oh Ashlee, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling. I’ll be praying for you and little baby gadd. And that you’ll have peace in whatever happens. The Lord is watching over you both. Hugs to you!
    Katie´s last blog post ..April Photo a Day – Day 9 – 16

31. Megan says:

I’ll be praying for you, Ashlee. Regardless of what God’s plan is, I know you will be bringing a beautiful boy into this world. You have an AMAZING husband by your side, and it sounds like you have great doctors. I’ll be praying for your strength and comfort, Baby’s healthy birth, and the doctor’s wisdom to do what is best for you and the baby.
    Megan´s last blog post ..somewhatvoluble: Packaging headbands for a little girl’s first birthday tomorrow! #emorysage @haydensnana @mandamae90 http://t.co/rAgfoUXR

32. Rebecca says:

Hi Ashlee ~ I have been reading your blog for a while now, and always look forward to your heartfelt and honest stories. I am a few months along in my pregnancy and know how much I think about our birth plan and safety of our baby. I totally agree with you and your disappointment is completely founded! I would feel the same way. I wish you the best of luck in the coming weeks!

33. Kim says:

Praying for you sweet girl. You are so right… God’s hand is the best place for all of our plans. And you are so faithful… He is taking care of you and baby. Can’t wait to see pictures of you with your sweet baby boy!
    Kim´s last blog post ..Saturday Blahs

34. Laurie Rose says:

Hi Ashlee, I have been following you since you found out you were pregnant, you have been an inspiration.
    Unfortunately I have been told that my chances of becoming a mother are slim to none! This broke my heart as I have always imagined myself as a mummy!! You are going to be the best mommy in the whole wide world, you are in my heart and my prayers for your little boy to be delivered safely and healthy & I hope you have a speedy recovery from the C section! I have been appalled by some of the negativity you have received from fellow bloggers, this is your personal space to share freely how you feel and if they don’t like it they should just move on!
    Good luck with everything and I can’t wait to see your beautiful little boy
    Keep smiling :)

Take Care

Laurie Rose xxxxx

Hi Laurie,

I am so sorry to hear that….I hope you can find peace and reassurance in knowing that God has a plan for your life already mapped out. Becoming a mother can happen in a variety of ways, and if it’s your true desire to become a parent, I hope the right doors will open at the right time for you. I believe they will. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement, and for sticking up for me ;)

35. Selena says:

You are almost at the finish line…. Prayers for you, Brett, and the baby. Hoping he will turn… I have a friend who had a failed version and then a spontaneous turn. Fingers crossed for you. xx
    Selena´s last blog post ..Welcome to Annie & Isabel’s New Web Site and Store!

36. Lisa says:

Your birth plan was ALWAYS in God’s hands! Grateful for modern medical advancements that bring our littles ones to our arms, safely.
    I had an emergency c-section with premie twins – not something we planned, let me tell you! But having that sort of pregnancy and birth (after two routine births where my birth plans were followed to the letter) taught me to let go of the fantasy of the “perfect” and turn instead to the miracle and blessing of life. Period.
    The next pregnancy was back to routine – a planned homebirth, but requiring a v-bac “class”. The class was comprised of some very bitter, angry, disappointed women (including the facilitators!) who communicated that to birth by c-section was somehow a failure. We were treated as victims, as were our poor babies. ABSURD.
    Baby #5 did arrive in rather ordinary way (19 hour labor, and why did that midwife wait until the last hour to finally arrive?), but be assured by that time I had long ago recovered from the youthful desire for a romantic, orchestrated birth. This growth freed me to truly appreciate the miracle of our love creating life, to welcome our little person unencumbered by expectations or disappointments.
    I pray you won’t have to wait that long to enjoy the same freedom, and hasten to the absolute over-the-moon joy of holding your newborn in your arms!

Thanks for sharing Lisa. After five kids, it sounds like you have the perfect attitude down pat! I think one of the greatest benefits of a planned c-section is being able to process it ahead of time. I have a feeling I’ll be entering and coming out of surgery with a huge smile on my face :)

37. Helen says:

Oh I’m so sorry to read that :-(
    Maybe he will change his mind and turn in time still ?
    And if not, think of all the women who actually wish for c-sections. Yes that happens ;-)
    My sister in law had an emergency c-section and she healed quite quickly and the baby was just fine, hope that brings some comfort !

38. Kathleen says:

I didn’t read all the comments so I don’t know if this has been suggested, but a friend of mine just got her breech baby to turn at 37 weeks by going to the chiropractor a few times. There is a specific procedure they can do called the Webster Technique. Might be worth a shot!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Reading: In Zanesville by Jo Ann Beard

39. lauren says:

I have been following you for some time now, and when I found out you and Brett were going to have a baby, I cried tears of joy. When I found out the little one was going to be a baby boy, I cried tears of joy. Your strength through this journey has inspired me immensely. I can’t wait to see pictures of your sweet baby boy and find out his name ;) Good luck on May 7th as you become a family of 3!

40. Pingback: writers vs. bloggers. | Where My Heart Resides