a paint update.

For those of you who occasionally grace this blog with your presence (thank you by the way), you might remember me talking about our little painting adventure. Recap: after living with off-white walls for two years, hubs and I finally decided to channel our inner Michelangelo and paint the house. And by channel our inner Michelangelo, I mean we used roller brushes. And by paint the house, I mean we painted one whole room. And by we, I mean Brett. We started with my favorite room in our entire home—the office. It’s probably my favorite room because it feels the most “mine” (sorry B). This is the room where I read, write, make things, sort photos, find inspiration, and lay on the carpet in the window sun rays (does anyone else do that?). I love sitting at my desk and staring out the window towards the huge open field next to our house. Here’s the view from the window:

And since you can’t see it very well, I went outside to take a picture of the pretty yellow weeds flowers growing there. I absolutely love the green and yellow colors of the field, which is why we picked yellow and green paint for that room. I promised photos of our progress, so here you go! Four walls down, and a LOT of walls left to go (sigh).

{lovely reading corner.}

{shelves made of books.}

{trinkets and treasures.}

{work station.}

{lovely inspiration.}

{pretty clipboards.}

Ta-da! Next stop: the home gym. I’m thinking shades of blue…

This entry was posted in get and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to a paint update.

1. I would love to something like that with all my kids pictures hanging up like that and love seeing the book shelves ..

2. Ashlee says:

Julie that would look so cute with pictures of kids! I bought the hooks from Target and just used thick twine…the whole project cost about $7 😉

3. Ashley says:

I love this room so much. And that chair is so comfortable! I had to force myself to get out of it… come decorate my house next?
    .-= Ashley´s last blog .."You can call me flower if you want to." =-.

4. Oh my goodness, so adorable! I LOVE THOSE CLIPBOARDS. I wish I had space in my teeny-weeny apartment to do something so cute! Also: jealous of that view! I don’t think I’d get much done, but would just stare out the window.

Thanks for sharing. I love it.

5. Ruth says:

such a cute room!! yellow is going to be an accent color in my future office, i just know it.
    .-= Ruth´s last blog ..absolutely LOVE. this. video. =-.

6. Liz says:

I’m so confused by your books as shelves. How do they not tip off to one side when things are placed on top of them?
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..Love is… =-.

7. Ashlee says:

Everything on top is perfectly balanced! 😉

8. Katrina says:

I LOVE your office =) Pleeeeaasssseee come decorate my house! Your style is exactly the look that I love so much. I am not very crafty or creative so I really enjoy cute ideas! Great job!
    .-= Katrina´s last blog ..Foster – To feed, to nourish, to support, to bring up =-.

9. Ashlee says:

Thanks Katrina! My favorite parts of that room (book shelves, photo banner, and the clipboards) were REALLY inexpensive projects. You should try one!

10. kelly ann says:

i love, love, love this! it looks amazing!!
    .-= kelly ann´s last blog ..the small stakes. =-.

11. Christine says:

Holy moly you are adorable! I’m hiring you as my interior designer when I finally decide to settle down!

12. iris ashley says:

you did your inspiration boards! they came out great!
    .-= iris ashley´s last blog ..april showers bring may flowers =-.

13. Ashlee says:

Iris I did those in 30 minutes. They are NOT done and they are not even half as cute as yours!! I started painting the clothespins too and gave up after five. We need another craft night, clearly.

14. Pingback: Girls on the Grid » Under the Dome – News You Can Use (Updated Daily)

15. Hannah Katy says:

You have an AMAZING knack for decorating.. Oh my goodness I am mesmerized by your decor!! Did you paint that picture “I Love you, blogs and tea” ?! So good!

Best,

Hannah Katy

16. Ashlee says:

Thanks Hannah! I didn’t paint that myself, unfortunately. I bought it from one of my favorite Etsy shops–http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19706853