on a polaroid mission.

For those of you living under a rock who don’t read my blog (totally kidding—you know I appreciate all eleven of you), I recently received an oh-so-perfect Christmas gift, aka the Christmas surprise. I am ashamed to admit that I have not even removed the camera from the box because I know once I do, I’ll be tempted to use up my ridiculously expensive film too quickly. Perhaps one of the biggest downfalls of owning a digital camera is the annoying, yet convenient habit of taking way too many photos (and I do mean, waaaaay too many).

On the same note, perhaps one of the greatest aspects of owning an instant camera will be learning one of the truest forms of photography: click when it counts.

I already have lots of fabulous little ideas construed in my head of perfect polaroid photos, and naturally, have lots of ideas about what I am going to do with them! Mission #1: create a polaroid calendar and Mission #2: create a heart wall.

polaroidcalendar

pola-calendar-web

polaroidheartpolaroidheart2

Source: 1 2 3 (original source) 4

No instant camera? No problem. Get your hands on an original Perpetual Paris photo collage calendar here, creatively created by Little Brown Pen. I absolutely love it (and make sure you watch the video).

This entry was posted in get and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to on a polaroid mission.

1. Vanny says:

So jealous! I’m excited to see the outcome though 🙂 Go you!<3

2. nichole says:

DO IT! You’ll be so happy when you see the finished project. For as much as people like our calendar, for me it has much more meaning, because it is a collection of the photos that I took of places I love. Making your own will be satisfying. 😉

I think a polaroid version would be stunning.

What a cool christmas present!

3. Liz says:

Those are ridiculously cute ideas to put your polaroids to good use! Can’t wait to see how it all turns out. xo

4. Scott says:

hey Ashlee…i do read ur blog! its quite decorative too. keep it up!

5. Diana says:

Fuji film cost far less than Polaroid film, so you should have no problem reaching your DIY goals. Ridiculously cute idea!!

6. Ashley says:

That is so exciting! I just got a Holga for Christmas, and am in the same boat with not wanting to waste any film 🙂

7. Christine says:

I am OBSESSED with the polaroid calendar! Such a cool idea–I love it!

8. Pingback: sacramento perpetual calendar: part 1. | Where My Heart Resides

9. Carter says:

So I was inspired by your Polaroid calendar waaay back when…and finally got around to making my own version (posted it here: http://lifeetlaw.blogspot.com/2011/09/monday-morning-update-sept-26.html), which I absolutely LOVE. So thanks for the idea!!
    Carter´s last blog post ..Monday Morning Update: Sept. 26

10. Pingback: The Zen of Blogging: How To Plan and Create Content Without Driving Yourself Crazy – Part 2