dear hair salon.

butterfly hairDear Future 2010 Salon and/or Stylist,

I am reaching out to you after a year of horrific salon experiences, including, but not limited to: color mishaps, botched layers, and uneven bang trims. To avoid any further disasters or miscommunications, here is what I am looking for in a salon:

Please offer me something to drink. When I sit for more than an hour, I sometimes get thirsty. Please make sure my clothes are covered. I do not like leaving the salon with dye and/or hair all over me.  Please listen to what I want. “Dark brown with a hint of red” does not mean “Carrot Top”….capiche? Please talk to me enough to acknowledge my presence, but don’t ask me 47 questions—I brought my magazine for a reason.

Please do your best to avoid getting dye on my ears and forehead. I do not enjoy leaving the salon with faux sideburns. Please do not take other appointments during my appointment, unless you know you have enough time (which, let’s be honest—you probably don’t). Please don’t smoke, and please don’t breathe smoke on me, or my hair. Please don’t cut my bangs too short. They do not grow back as quickly as you think. Speaking of which, please don’t blowdry my bangs with a round brush. Curled bangs have not been in style since 1987. Please don’t put 3 pounds of product in my hair before I leave the salon, and please don’t try to convince me that I need to buy four of those products immediately. And most importantly, please treat my hair like it’s attached to my head.

If you can help me out with these minor requests, I promise to be a good client. I promise to make my appointments ahead of time, show up early, and not attempt to trim my own bangs in between appointments because I know that annoys you.

Also—I promise to be a good tipper and tell all my friends how fabulous you are.

Sincerely yours,

Ashlee (the brunette)

Image Courtesy: 1

This entry was posted in get and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to dear hair salon.

1. aprilmom00 says:

those are so true about getting the hair done. I haven’t found a fave one yet. Still looking.

2. Patty says:

Very funny and true Ashlee!
    Thanks for the chuckle!

3. Liz says:

The whole time I’m reading this I’m comparing it to my salon/hair girl and I’m like check, check, check! I think I mentioned her to you before? Corina from Space 07! Not only is the salon SUPER cute {each station is a vintage door-frame with a mirror adhered to it}, complete with lounge waiting area & awesome energy but they offer CUCUMBER & LEMON INFUSED WATER up on your arrival. Also, she is sure to slather my ears|forehead|nape of my neck with some marvelous anti-staining creme so I don’t walk out of there looking like someone took a sharpie to my skin. Did I mention each time she shampoos you she gives you a full head|neck massage? Heaven. I highly recommend Corina from Space 07. Srsly.

4. kelli says:

Have you been to Firefly salon before? It’s here in East Sac and as well as going there and being very happy, I have a lot of friends that go there. Hope you find one….when I first moved here, I went from Salon to Salon never being able to find I liked…until I tried Firefly.

5. Ashlee says:

Thanks for the tips Liz and Kelli! I will for sure check both of those out. 😉

6. Vanny says:

omg I know exactly how you feel! I came across the perfect salon in Reno but now that I’ve moved to Vegas I haven’t come across a good one yet. 🙁 good luck to you in your search! <3