1. We’re off to Portland today! We’ll spend two nights in Portland and two nights in Seattle, staying with three different friends + their families along the way. Everett is super excited to see his girlfriends Reagan and Clara. I had high hopes for good weather while we’re there, but alas, Al Roker broke my heart. There’s a lot of rain in the forecast, which is especially disappointing because we’re taking family photos with Mike Fiechtner in Seattle on Friday. Now I have to completely re-think my outfit choice (see: first world problem). If you have any recommendations for Portland/Seattle, I am all ears!
2. Our flights to Africa are officially BOOKED! Ashley and I will be in Liberia the first two weeks in August, and could not be more excited to see what God has in store for us there. Speaking of Africa, check out Mike’s incredible photos of Liberia from his recent trip. I love that he was specifically asked to travel there to tell the story of the people of Liberia through his photographs. What an amazing opportunity! I would love to do something like that someday.
3. Between moving this summer and traveling to Liberia in August, I am going to be taking a few scheduled breaks from this space. I’m looking for some guest posts to feature during that time using the two following prompts: 1) What does home mean to you? and 2) Tell me about a trip that changed your life. If you’d like to submit a short essay on either of those topics, shoot me an e-mail at email@example.com for more details. Pretty photos not necessary; I’m more interested in beautiful and encouraging words.
4. I might be the last person on earth to sign up for Zulily, but I finally did and it’s AWESOME. I unsubscribed from all daily deals about six months ago to keep my inbox clear, but Zulily is one I can get on board with. My sister-in-law told me she uses it as a way to stock up on baby shower and birthday gifts in advance. GENIUS. I plan to do the same. There are a bunch of Melissa & Doug toys on sale today (a favorite in our house!).
5. Say hello to my new sponsor, Living on Love! Lacy has two beautiful girls and blogs about everything – her kiddos, food, good music, adventures, dreaming big, challenges she encounters, etc. She also has a cute etsy shop called Tulie & Woo full of sweet vintage baby clothes. My favorite item in her shop right now? This yellow checkered romper for a baby girl. If someone doesn’t buy it soon, I might have to scoop it up to save in my “just in case we have a girl someday” box.
Have a great week!